v7.4.2.105 can be found here

v7.4.2.75 can be found here

v6.0.3.130 can be found here

v6.0.4.13 can be found here

v6.0.4.11 can be found here

v6.0.3.107 can be found here

v6.0.3.100 can be found here

v6.0.3.94 can be found here

The files are drivers only and will need use update driver method to install via system properties.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Mork

• MrStalker

• AgentMC

Yes I did :)

Changed the way I do the drivers.

All the latest drivers for WinXP/2000/Win9x will be here in this thread

Ah. Will try these.

EDIT:

Sooo I seem to have the worst luck with wireless drivers. The ones that Apple gave me sucked... they disconnected all the time. I finally found one from Lenovo that works, but is a bit weird in that I can't uninstall it and it generally doesn't like it when I try to get it off my system. Eh, oh well.

I installed these, and for some reason the lines saying what device IDs cover the generic Atheros cards are commented out. I uncommented them and force installed it. The computer seems to think that it works... but I can't see any wireless networks. I'll keep playing around with it though.

Long story short, I'm thinking I'll go back to the uncooperative Lenovo drivers.

An explanation for the commented out generic drivers: it was released by D-Link and has lines specifically for D-Link cards. You can get around it by uncommenting the generic device IDs in the INF.

Also important to note that it's only for the 5416 chipset. AR5008 and comparable D-Link cards only, you might be able to get other vendors working, but I'm not sure how the generic drivers work at this point as I can't get them to work on my computer yet.

Still poking around though...

Also, I don't think these drivers will work on Windows 9x. The files referenced in the INF for 9x installation aren't in the folder. Not that anyone uses Windows 9x with an 802.11n card anyway...

Final edit: I'm giving up, I just don't think v6.0.3.100 is worth it. Try uncommenting the generic driver lines and try them if you really want, but they didn't work for me. I'd say use them only if you have a D-Link or Gigabyte card.

As for the v6.0.3.94 drivers, these are the ones that I have been using, minus the installer program.

Stable, generic drivers are supported, digitally signed, and, most importantly, they work.

Use v6.0.3.94

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Dude, Downloading now.

Should have uploaded here later today

• 2 months later...

Added 6.0.4.11 and 6.0.4.13.

Cheers James for locating these :)

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance on a modified INF for these drivers? The inf for v7 and v6 seem to be extremely identical in terms of what registry keys are actually used. A modified INF is probably possible. I'm game to test it if you need someone to try.

EDIT: These drivers do not work with my card anyways. Seems to work with only 5416 drivers where mine is a 5411 driver.

Edited by shinji257

I'll have a look when i get some time.

These driver are notoriously hard to mod, especially with not having XP to try it on.

Work Great on my Sparklan:

http://www.oxfordtec.com/us/MiniPCI-Wirele...oduct_info.html

Under XP.

The Sparklan provided drivers would work for 5 minutes, then stop. Only a radio off then on would fix the problem. Unfortunately, that would only work for another few minutes.

The latest drivers here worked like a champ. I am very happy. I tried the 7.X drivers, but they did not work under XP. These are the ticket for the XP users!!!

Thanks!!!

• 3 weeks later...

What AV you using?

As my NOD32 doesn't find anything.

We take virus's very serous here and my laptop is armed to the teeth to keep them at bay :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Flanders

Why are these .exe files? And they're supposed to be updated via "update driver"?

What AV you using?

As my NOD32 doesn't find anything.

We take virus's very serous here and my laptop is armed to the teeth to keep them at bay :)

It's an archive (like ZIP), but self-extracting. If you doubleclick the .EXE it decompresses the archive automatically. 7-Zip is far superior than .ZIP and enables us to compress all files we host to the most minimal size.

• 1 month later...

Added 7.4.2.75 and 7.4.2.105

Guest laser21

Hi, youre doing a really great job with providing those new drivers!! Since you provided the 6.0.4.13 my atheros 5008X is working great.

Im having one small issue though. I have the Sparklan 124N card http://www.sparklan.com/product_details.php?prod_id=176

On my laptop there is a wireless on/off switch. When I turn it off for more then approx 1 minute, the card doesnt reconnect after I turn it on. In windows zero it shows my network, but doesnt connect to it, until I hit refresh network list. After that, it connects without problems. When I turn it of for just a short while, it reconnects without problems.

I tried the v. 7 drivers. both connect with only 130mbps. Why not the usual 300? But they work quiet fine with reconnecting. Although it takes about 1min 15sec until they discover, the network.

Do you have any ideas? Do you need more explanation?

Really, thanks again, without you, I would be lost in the atheros land :)