LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros drivers for Windows 9x, 2000 and XP

mobilenvidia

With the modded INF version (see other post) you can select the speeds rates manually, give this a go.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Mork

• MrStalker

• smax

Guest MrStalker
With the modded INF version (see other post) you can select the speeds rates manually, give this a go.

Yes, I know. But if you read my post again you'll see I wrote "I've tried your modded drivers but it doesn't work with my card. It installs, but no connection shows up in the control panel." I've a Netgear WPN311. I think it has something to do with that the miniport driver doesn't get installed. I've compared your modded inf with the original, and I see loads of code missing, including some lines referencing my card. It might have something to do with that.

Yes, I know. But if you read my post again you'll see I wrote "I've tried your modded drivers but it doesn't work with my card. It installs, but no connection shows up in the control panel." I've a Netgear WPN311. I think it has something to do with that the miniport driver doesn't get installed. I've compared your modded inf with the original, and I see loads of code missing, including some lines referencing my card. It might have something to do with that.

I've removed all the OEM parts from the INF or it would take me weeks to mod the INf for each card :)

I've generalised each chipset to work for all OEM versions

There are no Miniport drivers included with Atheros drivers, there might be a tweak needed by your card in the INF

Guest MrStalker
I've removed all the OEM parts from the INF or it would take me weeks to mod the INf for each card :)

I've generalised each chipset to work for all OEM versions

There are no Miniport drivers included with Atheros drivers, there might be a tweak needed by your card in the INF

Well, it works with the unmodded drivers. What do I need to add to the inf so I can change the options I need?

If only I knew, I'll have a look at you device in the INF and do a trace of what routines it calls.

You will owe me a beer or two the next time we meet :)

Made an adjustment to the modded INF, removed the 11n mode select settings from pre 11n cards.

Give it a go, also used latest XP driver 7.6.1.184

Guest MrStalker
Made an adjustment to the modded INF, removed the 11n mode select settings from pre 11n cards.

Give it a go, also used latest XP driver 7.6.1.184

Thanks for the effort, but it didn't work. Installation failed, it said something about the inf-file missing some critical information.

Whoops wee type in the INF, critical error no more :)

Give it another go

That will learn you for playing with old OS's

Whoops wee type in the INF, critical error no more :)

Give it another go

That will learn you for playing with old OS's

Okey, I'll try this one and get back here. In the meantime, you can see the error in action in the attached file if you want.

error_demo.rar

The atheros driver only installs one file.

If you are getting a connection then it must have installed.

What is even weirder is in your movie I see that you have a connection at 54Mbps then it jumps to 108Mbps when still connected.

I see zonealarm pops up when you start the UDP test.

Not this or something else causing yout woes ?

The atheros driver only installs one file.

If you are getting a connection then it must have installed.

What is even weirder is in your movie I see that you have a connection at 54Mbps then it jumps to 108Mbps when still connected.

I see zonealarm pops up when you start the UDP test.

Not this or something else causing yout woes ?

When it jumps 108Mbps it isn't connected, as you can see there's no packages flowing, there's just a little lag before Windows actually realises it isn't connected any more. As I've said, my router doesn't support 108Mbps so there is no way possible for it to get a 108Mbps connection. The important thing in the video is that it jumps to 108Mbps even though it isn't supposed to and then it gets disconnected. I don't see any ZoneAlarm alert, but I've tried it with everything disable and it doesn't make a difference.

What the hell is wrong with the company who makes this s*** anyway? There must be some simple way to disable this god damn turbo mode! And why don't they have any support forum? F(&^*** pricks. Did these guys went to computer school in Idiotville or something? How F(&^*** stupid can you be not implementing a way to disable this piece of crap "feature"?

Can you grab 7.6.1.150 and install this it comes with the Atheros Client Utility.

Have a play with this it may give more insite to your Super G issue.

I've already tried, it doesn't have any option to disable the s*** either. I'm running out of ideas. Considering just RMAing this piece of crap.

Added v7.6.1.210 with ACU and installer

new driver from MS update, atheros_v7.6.1.221 win xp x32/x64 :)

atheros_v7.6.1.221.exe

Edited by Fabiola

new driver from MS update, atheros_v7.6.1.221 win xp x32/x64 :)

Cheers dude, what is it under with MS Update ? can't find it using my usual means

hello,

I am currently using a ASUS F8va-b1 notebook with the "atheros AR928X wireless network adapter" as my network card.

I am getting very bad signal strength and I am unable to stay connected to some networks for more then a couple minutes at a time.

I am running XP32bit.

My driver is version: 7.6.0.260

After doing some reading it seems like the solution for most people is installing a updated driver. However I am a bit confused about which driver will work best for my situation.

What driver should I download and install? I am a little bit confused about what this "INF" stuff is. Is it needed to for my case?

Anything special I should know about the installation process for the specific driver?

thanks in advance for all the answers!!!! - let me know if you need any additional information.

Download driver then extract somewhere.

You will need to know how to update the driver via Control Panel System properties, Device manager, then Network then Atheros bla bla.

Now point the driver updater to where you extracted the driver, now install driver

What driver you install is upto you.

Try a newer driver first, once you get more experience of how things work give the modded iNF ago

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i would like to tell you about i bought a new Card supports xp/vista 32/64 bit :P

it is far better than my old D-Link :)

however, thanks about your help :)

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...

Added 7.6.1.244

Link is working, do have a 3rd party app installed with yout browser ?

If so right click then save as should work