LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I'm apparently an idiot

mdphoenix

Can someone please help me? I just need to know what the latest stable driver is that will work with my laptop.

I have a Precision M90 with an FX 2500M running Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

I have nothing but problems with this thing. The driver is forever restarting. I have the apparently famous standby issue.

I just need to know what driver works best right now. I'm assuming that plenty of people have had this issue since the M90 is obviously plagued with video drivers issues in Vista. Any help would really, really be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Welp. I just tried 162.50. It worked great, but when I tried to view a picture, or run RDC, it bluescreened.

So I went down to 162.22. RDC works and so does viewing pictures, etc. But I'm stuck at a resolution less than optimal for my system. I'm going to try 162.18 next.

If anyone can suggest a better one, please let me know. I'm sticking with WHQL drivers but if it's recommended to go with something else, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

try 101.19 (DELL mobile driver), 156.55 (mobile INFs included) or 163.44 (Pieter's INF)

try 101.19 (DELL mobile driver), 156.55 (mobile INFs included) or 163.44 (Pieter's INF)

Thanks!!! I'll give that a shot since what I have loaded rigth now is acting strange. Although everything is working, bringing up fullscreen windows makes the video kinda jitter.

Thank you!

I'm now running 163.44 and have the following problems:

When exiting a game, the desktop resolution stay at whatever resolution the game was in.

Outlook 2003 - when maximized - is a black window. Making the window smaller fixes the issue. But it has to be considerably smaller. Something I didn't have before and shouldn't have to deal with now.

Any ideas?

Oh, and for Pieter's INF, did you mean the one that is available next to the download link for 163.44?