LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Aspire 5920G with 8600m GT

dr_nick_uk

A couple of week ago I bought a Acer Aspire 5920G which seemed a decent spec laptop for the price. I thought with its spec, I could also use it for play some games as well, but I'm finding even running the laptop on medium power setting, it will quite often crash after playing for 10-15 minutes. I have updated the drivers which has made no difference. Sometimes I will get corrupt graphics and then it will freeze with looping sound, 50% of the time windows recovers the drivers after about 1 minute other times the computer just reboots. I would like to be able to monitor the temperature of the GPU but my control panel has no temperature tab and I haven't been able to find any software which can give me the GPU temperature. Any suggestions. BTW I'm running Vista 32bit.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Guest golf

I ues As5920G too. It has a lot of problem on Windows Vista.

Now I formated and re-installed with win XP, but VGA driver can't run.

I downloaded many many drivers, but it still doesn't work.

Please advice me to choose the vga driver for winXP

Thank you

HI

I just tested the Driver from Acer, you can find this here: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/asp...zed/aspire_5920

But teh first driver I used was 100.95 with the fixed inf File from here, because nvidea doesn´t support mobile devices.

bye