LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce go 7900 gs and WoW on Vista-32 Help

Guest Scared

I am sure, like most people, I expect to get what I pay for. When purchasing my laptop last year, I was expecting to be able to blow world of warcraft out of the water, and instead I was the one getting abused. After installing the Dell Vista drivers on my e1705, it was like I went back in time. My fps were 2-7 max, and I tried to toggle every feature known to man. Even on the lowest settings, my fps were still so low the game wasn't playable. My back against the wall, I went back to XP and have been running with decent fps, but still only 20-30 in the Burning Crusade.

My question is this - are there any drivers that have gotten this problem under control, or is Warcraft just not playable on Vista using my nVidia card? With 2gigs of Ram and this card, I would expect better, but I havent seen anything conclusive from reading these forums, and before I go back to Vista I wanted to ask the experts.

Thanks so much!

-steven

See that actually happens to me at times. I do blow WoW out of the water with my laptop and i also have a gforce go 7900 gs. One thing i noticed on vista though is that if i change my power settings in the lower right corner, my video card freaks out and my FPS on wow and other games drops significantly. Also if i go to the nvidia panel from the right click menu on the desktop and i go to the rotatinig logo my screen starts flickering and screaming at me. I used system restore to fix it every time and i don't know why it's happening, but i know i have those issues too if i repick power options.

I run an xp1710 with 7900GS and have 45 - 60 FPS in WoW all the time in vista. The key is using the 101.19 driver. I have found no other driver to give me better performance then this one in vista. In XP on the other hand i am runing the latest (163.69? or something like that) and getting 60 frames maxed out almost all the time. This is at 1900x1200 with 2 x AA 8 x AF and all the settings on high.

I run an xp1710 with 7900GS and have 45 - 60 FPS in WoW all the time in vista. The key is using the 101.19 driver. I have found no other driver to give me better performance then this one in vista. In XP on the other hand i am runing the latest (163.69? or something like that) and getting 60 frames maxed out almost all the time. This is at 1900x1200 with 2 x AA 8 x AF and all the settings on high.

you sir, are my hero. Where have you been the past few weeks? I will try to install vista and see what happens : )

you sir, are my hero. Where have you been the past few weeks? I will try to install vista and see what happens : )

actually, one second. Does that driver support the 7900 GO GS? or just the 7900 GS? When i read through he modded inf notes, it didnt show the 7900 go GS as being supported, only the 7900 go. Will that make a difference?

Guest scared
actually, one second. Does that driver support the 7900 GO GS? or just the 7900 GS? When i read through he modded inf notes, it didnt show the 7900 go GS as being supported, only the 7900 go. Will that make a difference?

Anyone?

Please?

Natively no but you can use a modified inf. It's the same thing.

Edited by jessi3k3

The Dell ones from dell them selves do not need any modification for a Go 7900 GS. They install and run well. Go to dell site and look for them. When you open the download for the dell drivers for vista for the 7900 GS theire is link for the performance drivers that is the 101.19 vista drivers.