LaptopVideo2Go Forums

2 new MS hotfixes for Graphic Card/Driver problems

®®®

According to NVIDIA's VISTA Hotfix Page two Updates were released by Microsoft:

Hotfix for GeForce customers:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938194 and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938979

These hotfixes improves the compatibility and reliability of Windows Vista.

Thanks for the heads up, but I think this news is a bit old. But for those who don't know yet, now's your chance to install these! Two of the hotfixes listed on Nvidia's site are already available on Windows Update, so check to make sure you have them. If not, use the page on Nvidia's site.

I definitely got good results from these. Games like Battlefield 2142 have a MUCH more stable framerate, and if you use the latest video drivers from the last update, you'll get some more good performance. :) So thanks again!

Go into the control panel and in add/remove programs there should be an option on the left saying "view updates" or something like that. If you have a look at the hotfixes listed there, I expect you will find that you already have them installed.

I have Vista Home Premium with the same problem installing this hotfixes!

You've probably already got them. They were included in the last batch of updates on Microsoft Update.