LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba x205-s9359

Guest guest

Toshiba 's X205-S9359 laptop computer is sold as a "gaming computer" however several games in particular EA games cannot run due to native display refresh rate offersonly 59Hz. Many games cannot run due to games require 60Hz minimum refresh rate. Windows will close game after splash screen followed by black screen.

This is not a Vista problem. If computer is connected to external monitor with native refresh rate of 60Hz or higher it will run. Peiter's INF Mods cannot force 60Hz. Refresh Force will not force 60 Hz. All other Toshiba laptop monitors will work if they have a native monitoe refreshrate of 60Hz available.

As for now choose the X205-S9349 or the Qosmio models.

Contacted Toshiba to no avail. As for now the S9359 is an expensive paperweight.

I believe RivaTuner or PowerStrip allow you to use Custom Refresh rates. Give those either of these two a try and report back if they work.

• 2 weeks later...
neither supports nvidia geforce 8700M gt card

Not sure why you are having trouble.... I have the same laptop, bunch of ea games(BF2, BF2142, Moh Airborne, etc..)and no trouble. I am even running the 163.44 drivers, and now runs even better.

Sounds like a driver issue. If you use another driver, you'll have to use the .inf (not the .inf from this site) from the original Toshiba driver and mod it, so you'll still be able to view hd dvd movies.