LaptopVideo2Go Forums

The usual flickering/black srcreen after boot/sleep/UAC.

Dast

I know this is a fairly common issue with Nvidia on Vista right now and plenty of drivers have it to one extreme or another: some people's screens apparently remain black after resuming from sleep; I have the milder but nonetheless irritating problem of flickering black for a second one first boot, resuming from sleep, and when leaving the greyed out UAC 'secure desktop'.

OK, so I know this is a common problem, but I've Googled and scoured this forum to no avail. It seems that when someone recommends a driver, they're usually recommending - understandably - its game performance and ability to avoid the BSOD. The relatively minor cosmetic problem I'm experiencing is not that high on many peoples list - but it's beginning to really irritate me. So my question is: is there a driver that doesn't have, or minimises, this flickering problem?

I'm using the 163.16 driver in Vista with a 128 8400M GS.