LaptopVideo2Go Forums

help with geforce 8600m gt and 163.44

Guest zac

i own an asus g1s-a1 with vista 32-bit and a geforce 8600m gt. i wanted to upgrade the forceware to the newest version because i heard that it would increase my preformance. so i downloaded the driver, extracted, replaced the inf, and got the driver completly installed. but when restarted and then started a game of battlefield 2142 i noticed that instead of the game running on the full screne like it did with my old driver (101.08) it had two black verticle bars on either side, just opposite as if i was watching a movie. i could live with that but i also noticed that the quality of the game was aweful. even with everything maxed and aa on the edges were jagged and everything was pixelated? so i rolled back to my old driver but still got the same results. i ended up reverting to an old restore point and everything is normal again. i was wondering why this happened and if it will happen with evey driver. thanks and sorry for rambling.

ok, i have to Asus G1S, and i have the same problem. To set to full screen you have to go to the NVIDIA Control , Screen, change dimension for sreen and put: use demension of NVIDIA!

• 1 month later...
Guest king_pariah
ok, i have to Asus G1S, and i have the same problem. To set to full screen you have to go to the NVIDIA Control , Screen, change dimension for sreen and put: use demension of NVIDIA!

I have had this problem, will try it out now...

And it works! Thanks man!