LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio F40 special drivers ?

-=DVS=-

Hello notebook driver gurus. :)

Have a problem , can't update driver without breaking HDDVD functionality.

I have Qosmio F40 with GF 8600M GT it comes with ancient 101.28 driver Vista Ultimate 32bit, when you watch HDDVD it temporary turns off Aero and then you watch the movie , thats how it works after you done watching Aero theme is back on.

If i update to any newer driver it doesn't switch modes automatically , even if i turn Aero theme off manually it still doesn't work i get simple windows message device is in use , obviously Toshiba modded drivers doing something else not just switching Aero off when you want to watch HDDVD. Im pretty sure drivers installed correctly games and everything else work perfectly fine except HDDVD function is broken, i have since reinstalled old drivers to watch HDDVD .

Was wondering if any guru got free time and could check Toshiba drivers out if there is some special file or some keys in inf file that makes HDDVD tick.

Here is direct link to Qosmio F40 drivers Toshiba driver 26293A or can get it from Toshiba Support Center navigate to Qosmio F40 display driver nvidia.

The usual things like , drivercleaner , different HDDVD player software doesn't change anything . I tried Toshiba own in house player and Power DVD 7.2 , both work with original driver but not the new ones.

Its really painful when Toshiba doesn't update their drivers or make notebooks somehow incompatible with Nvidias reference drivers :)

No thats just update for their Toshiba Software player , i have no problem playing older or newer HDDVD movies with toshibas drivers . And that update is quite old.

Thanks for idea anyways.

Have you checked for BIOS update for your model? Toshiba have recently just released an NVIDIA driver with an notice that Quosmio G40 users should first update their BIOS before updating to the new NVIDIA driver... that's why i ask.

Have you checked for BIOS update for your model? Toshiba have recently just released an NVIDIA driver with an notice that Quosmio G40 users should first update their BIOS before updating to the new NVIDIA driver... that's why i ask.

Yep everything is up to date , Windows includeing :) . It must be something with driver itself.

Qosmio F40 is not realy gameing laptop but its fast enought to play some less intense games, another problem toshibas drivers for somereason disable fixed-scaleing option, with nvidias drivers i get all options but no HDDVD playback :) , stretched 1024x768 games to 1280x800 degrade sharpness.

Maybe modded inf with Toshibas old drivers would do the trick for scaleing but don't know how to extract toshibas executable , tried looking in temps but many dlls are compressed dl_ .