LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Half Life 2 and my inspiron

Desperado

Hi!

I've reading the forum for days and I must congratulate you for the amazing information and drivers you give!

I have purchased Half-Life 2, HL2: deatchmatch, HL2: lost coast, HL2: episode one by the Steam program. The only one that runs on my system is Deathmatch. It worked well in a resolution of 1920x1200 pixels. With the other ones, the process hl2.exe remains in memory and nothing happens.

My videocard is Geforce go 7800 with 256 Mb, so I made a clean update of the driver to the 91.47 version (that was recommended by the diagnostic tool and this forum). I'm still having the same problem but now, HL2: deatchmatch isn't working fine: the object are ver brilliant, the lights appear and disappear, the colours are not the correct ones...

Buf, I'm desperated.... I've visitted lots of forum in my language (spanish) and no one could help me. Could you, please?

Thank you very much!

The programs not running doesn't sound like a driver issue to me, it's probably either Steam or the games themselves.

The new problems you have with 91.47 might be overheating, but I kinda doubt it. My best advice would be to try another driver. 163.44 or the latest from nVidia might work fine.