LaptopVideo2Go Forums

LG E500 Upgradable?!

FiShBuRn

Hey,

Just want to know if my laptop can be upgraded? Anyone knows?

Edit: I've tried Nbitor but he cant identify my GFX, maybe its not updated to new gfx like 8400M!

Thanks in advance,

FiShBuRn

Edited by FiShBuRn

• 2 weeks later...

:) damn i've to open him?

Cuz i really need a update on this...or not...but 8400M G is too weak :)

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest Frank C.
I don't think so :/

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com

I have the new one the LG E500 with a GF 8600 GS and Core2Duo T9300 processor , i know that by the GF 8400 was a fixed one , i'm not sure about mine. If i'm looking the backside from the NB i can see a big plastic cover , like other NB with MXM :) . But i don't want to open it for don't lose the warranty :)

I have the new one the LG E500 with a GF 8600 GS and Core2Duo T9300 processor , i know that by the GF 8400 was a fixed one , i'm not sure about mine. If i'm looking the backside from the NB i can see a big plastic cover , like other NB with MXM :) . But i don't want to open it for don't lose the warranty :)

I don´t know about you but in my case (I have a LG E500 too but with a Gf 8400M G) I can open the backcase that I won´t lose the warranty, assured from the shop where I bought. I´ve opened yesterday because I had to clean the fan that was full of dust inside and due to that the laptop was always very hot!

Lucky you with the T9300 and the 8600 GS and 3 gigs of RAM I presume.

Take care

Edited by giga.ultra

Today I've opened my S.APRAY and indeed it's not MXM capable :/ I wanted to somehow raise performance by editing or updating my bios. I checked lge.com if there's a newer version but they only have the version I'm using. I found an editing tool for AMI bioses (AMIBCP) but it doesn't work (crashes after loading a .rom file). The program is 2002 dated so I think it won't cooperate with Vista.

Nibitor is crashing right after I run it, too. I can't even overclock my CPU with the RightMark's tool (forgot the full name) because it's crashing aswell.

I wish I had the 8600GS and T9300 :/

There are new 178.14 (link) Dell drivers optimized for 8400GS. Any of you guys tried them yet? Could work very good with 8400G aswell as it's pretty much the same card.

Edited by Claw