LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.69 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

®®®

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

my video card is a 8600gt and have some problems with some games.. Mostly ghost recon2. If i solve this i think everything is happynes with all of my games that goes like s***. They stutters every 1-2 second.. Is there anybody out there that have a answer to this problem i would be most thankful. I´m now using v163.69 vista 32bit..Mr P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• Tankkiller

• pulverputte

• GWolfman

yup...same problem,THE NVIDIA SETUP PROGRAM COULD NOT LOCATE ANY DRIVERS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR CURRENT HARDWARE. with me when i try to install the 163.69 driver?any solution to this?thanks a lot!!

I also have had the same problem.. Do like this: First you download the driver v163.69. Then the modified .INF file. Unpack the driver and replace the.INF file with the modified. Run Setup. exe and install. Restart your maskin. Direktlänk: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15049

I have a Dell m1710 and when i unplug the power cord and run off the battery I get screen corruption and it runs slow. Is there a fix for this yet?

yes, see news section or frontpage. basically increase your clock to more than 120MHz or apply tweak as shown in pieter's post.

I try this driver updating my native 101.43 dell drivers on a Inspiron 1520, great work, Ut3 demo runs more fast (about 3-5 fps more) and HL2 EP2 gain quality and speed :)

I try bioshock, with 101.43 doesen't work, a big jump in performance (the only part of the game that works with native driver is the presentation in the plane) and i hit 140 fps vs the 80 with dell original driver in the same scene.

I have a question: with the mod inf powermixer still work?

Desktop freezes and produces a BSOD on my Dell XPS Gen 2 with Geforce 6800.

have a look in the original INF and the filedate.

hi there guyz ....just downloaded the crysis demo and upgraded my nvidia driver to 163.69...its awesome in a sense that i can play crysis at medium settings(all) and game runs smooth....BUT a problem comes in after a while when my GPU goes on fire like 90'c and the whole system shuts down...now i have rolled back to my previous driver and its fine ... just wondering whats wrong with the driver??...any fixes?? thx

rig:

xps 1710

geforce go 7950 gtx

yes, see news section or frontpage. basically increase your clock to more than 120MHz or apply tweak as shown in pieter's post.

Hey, thanks for the info. I tried with the new INF version and it resolved the issue, but I'm having trouble playing HD DVDs with PowerDVD, it gives me an error right before it starts to play. Anyone else have this issue?

Guest Guest84

Hey,

I downloaded this driver from Nvidia's site, and i tried installing it, but it said it couldn't find compatible hardware or something like that.. now i have an HP DV6560 with a 8400M GS graphics card. I now understand that this driver does not natively "support" mobile cards. What i did was update the driver manually by locating the directory where the setup file unpacked the files, and selecting the inf file. I then selected the 8400 GS driver. It seems to have worked.. Is that the same as using a modded inf??

Thx for ur help.

Thats' the Have-Disk method you described. The "usage' of the modded INF implies that you download it (from 1. post of this thread), delete all other INFs in the directory of the extracted driver and put the modded INF into it. The use Have-Disk method as you did before: select now 8400M GS (instead of the desktop variant 8400 GS).

1. uninstall old driver always and reboot

2. install new driver and reboot

Guest Guest84

^^ Thx for ur reply. But what i'm really asking is that if i need to re-install this driver using the modded inf or is it enough to use the "have disk" method with the original nvidia drivers??

In other terms, does the modded inf carry anything else then the ability to let the setup succeed (by means of adding the 8M cards to the supported cards list)?? Is it the same thing for me to have used the "have disk" method, or should i go back and reinstall it with the modded inf??

Thank you.

Guest leafsfan85

hey everyone...

anyways i just installed this driver on vista x86 with a geforce 8600m gs and it works fine, but on my Windows Experience Index score, gaming graphics went up to 5.1 from 4.8, and the general "graphics" score ironically went DOWN from 4.8 to 4.4. is this a big deal or is it absolutely meaningless? i just find it extremely odd that it actually brought my total WEI rating down. it just makes me go :) should i revert back to the old driver?

oh and is this driver actually made for the 8600m gs? whenever i see 8600 gs without the "m" i'm always wondering if that actually matters for the driver... please excuse my noobiness and thanks to everyone in advance who answers!

secondary display goes black and white.

Dell inspiron 1720 / GF 8600M GT.

I haven't tried any games.

I can't get HW accel H.264 videos working either.

Asus F3Sv have same pb "secondary display goes black and white" => a solution ?

• 1 month later...
Guest kaupunkilainen
I have a hp pavilion dv9555 with : nvidia geforce 8600m gs, with vista os.

my sound have a problem because of the video card, and i can't install this new driver 163.69 , because this message appears : THE NVIDIA SETUP PROGRAM COULD NOT LOCATE ANY DRIVERS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR CURRENT HARDWARE.

Please help me.

thank you

i have same problem with my pavillion dv9555eo - nvidia geforce 8400m gs, now matter how many different driver versions i download from http://www.laptopvideo2go.com , it still says something lika that.

• 1 month later...

Does this driver work with the GeForce 8700M GT?

Guest Navchetan

i am using 8600m GS in my hp laptop dv9704tx.

i am getting only 6-10 fps in world of warcraft game.

will this driver help?

and how to download this driver, i am unable to do so. plz help

its urgent

:)

Guest Nvidia Geforce 8600m GS

i cant download this driver its says: Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /nvidia/160series/16369_vista.exe on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.39 Server at download2.laptopvideo2go.com Port 80

Please enable it i need this driver.

• 3 months later...
Guest Maunder

A silly question perhapes, with a GenForce 8600M GS I downloaded the driver, changed the INF file, ran the setup and of course rebooted the machine. However the driver version doesnt actually change....

Wondering what I might possably be doing wrong. Does the driver ned to be downloaded and ran from a specific directory perhapes ? I am just runing it from a temp directory atm