LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 7700 on ASUS G1 laptop

netronelson

Hi There,

It's taken me the best part of a week to actually get this far - so please be kind! and any help is greatly appreciated...

I have read the FAQs as best I can, but am still struggling to get specific details right, and get something to work on the computer...

I'm looking to update the drivers on my ASUS G1 nVidia graphics card... it's a 7700 geforce, but I get no joy at the nVidia site - the message that it can't find the relative bits in the PC as you mentioned it might - so I downloaded the 16501_vista from this site, but I get confused at the extra files I need to override the problem...

Could someone reply to this topic with links to specific pages/bits that I need to download and/or the tutorial for that?? I should be fine after that, but with so many to choose from i'm feeling a bit like i'm on some kind of Indiana Jones mission!

Thanks,

Nelson.

How to use the modded INF aka modified INF aka Pieter's INF: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14640

try the latest 163.69 with the modded INF or if you have problems

try 156.57 which comes with native support for your card (no need for Pieter's INF).

Hi There,

It's taken me the best part of a week to actually get this far - so please be kind! and any help is greatly appreciated...

I have read the FAQs as best I can, but am still struggling to get specific details right, and get something to work on the computer...

I'm looking to update the drivers on my ASUS G1 nVidia graphics card... it's a 7700 geforce, but I get no joy at the nVidia site - the message that it can't find the relative bits in the PC as you mentioned it might - so I downloaded the 16501_vista from this site, but I get confused at the extra files I need to override the problem...

Could someone reply to this topic with links to specific pages/bits that I need to download and/or the tutorial for that?? I should be fine after that, but with so many to choose from i'm feeling a bit like i'm on some kind of Indiana Jones mission!

Thanks,

Nelson.

ahhh! i have the same laptop and the same problem! soo frustrating. I can't seem to get any of these drivers to work well on my G1. They all make gameplay a LOT worse than before with no drivers. Can someone please help us im fed up with my new $2000 notebook...fak.