LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WhiteTigerX7's HP/Compaq/VoodooPC INF (For Vista 32bit Only)

whitetigerx7

However, when I try to launch the control panel I get

"NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 1.3.7.62 has stopped working"

Can you guess what could be causing this?

HP tx1000x (more spcifically tx1250ea)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• zachthurston

• Evan186

• ®®®

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi whiteitgerx7

Just to let you know that I tried both 167.49 and 169.28 using your inf but found it kept on hanging while running the performance check on Vista. 167.49 works with the modded inf. I think I will now try 168.38 using the modded inf too. I also got the abovementioned error.

I have a Compaq V6000Z (Turion 6150, Vista Basic) and when I install 169.28 with these infs, UAC takes much longer to do its thing than it does with the OEM driver. (7.15.10.9815A) Any thoughts?

Oh I don't get the .dll error.

so...am I missing something? Where's the point? All these weeks of hard work and troubleshooting and no result. what is the conclusion? whitetiger, you've done all of this hard work and have no conclusion. as if the thread just kind of dissipates into thin air. What is the most stable driver version for the Go 6xxx series for HP's? Isn't that the fundamental question of this thread?

I have a Compaq V6000Z (Turion 6150, Vista Basic) and when I install 169.28 with these infs, UAC takes much longer to do its thing than it does with the OEM driver. (7.15.10.9815A) Any thoughts?

Oh I don't get the .dll error.

Turn UAC off. It's a redundant and useless feature.

so...am I missing something? Where's the point? All these weeks of hard work and troubleshooting and no result. what is the conclusion? whitetiger, you've done all of this hard work and have no conclusion. as if the thread just kind of dissipates into thin air. What is the most stable driver version for the Go 6xxx series for HP's? Isn't that the fundamental question of this thread?

If you read the FAQs and every READMEs associated with this site you will know what driver is the best for what. That's mostly the reason we quit saying what works best. We got tired of answering a redundant question.

I only use the driver I find to be the latest and most stable. If that doesn't answer you're question... God help you. Also, I directly use the releases I publish. Nothing else. The INF you download is my personally used INF. Basically I get the same driver and settings you are getting.

If you want a second opinion, go to HP and try to contact them regarding my INF and ask them to test it and see how it handles against their own stuff. I guarantee they'll tell you to use driver provided by them or Microsoft Update.

I apologize if this is a bit blunt but I get asked this question all the time in PMs and posts.

Turn UAC off. It's a redundant and useless feature.

Lol didn't you know when you turn it off it turns off protected mode in IE7? SOOO not worth it. UAC is the reason why this laptop has never had any malware.

I went through and tried a bunch of drivers, obviously the 169 drivers don't work for me because UAC is a must in my opinion. On the recommendation of whitetiger I tried the 163 but no joy. I think someone on here said that the 156 drivers work well. I got the most up to date one, and now I can run UAC properly, with problably great improvements over the OEM driver. I'm going to be building a desktop with a real GPU soon (HD3850 or 88GT) soon so its really just a stopgap to me.

To whitetiger, thanks for the modded inf, I think its a great idea and its more comforting to me to know that its built for my laptop. Thanks for a job well done :)

On a slightly off topic note, I flashed to the F3D bios, and ever since then my fan has been running all the time. Is this wasteful or does it really matter?

HP's latest BIOS should be acquired for their laptops ASAP.

After installing nTune and restoring my clock rate back to default it actually went back to Automatic Fan. Same BIOS also.

New driver INF is up. PLEASE read the post before downloading and installing. Some things have changed.

OK my driver recommendation: if you are running a similar setup like me, you may have noticed with the 169 drivers, UAC takes forever to render if you are in vista basic with the aero that isnt translucent. I've tried every thing down to 156 and the highest driver I could get to work properly was the 156 series. So either use these, or turn the mode into vista basic and you can use UAC without long waits.

From a security standpoint, I have to politely disagree with whitetiger on turning off UAC, due to the fact that it disables protected mode in IE7 and allows everything to run with full priveledges. I would recommend leaving it on.

Installed with the new inf, it works so I assume its good.

IE can still be ran without using plugins or other software using a separate start-up link in the Start Menu. Either that or use FireFox/Seamonkey or Opera. Personally I use Seamonkey.

UAC from a tweaking stand point is a redundant feature to the existing Runtime Protection which still asks if you want to run software in Windows. UAC also makes driver installation and file management a pain as you have to agree or disagree with ever command you make. Runtime Protection is all you really need, along with a good anti-virus, anti-spyware, and firewall software package.

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

IE can still be ran without using plugins or other software using a separate start-up link in the Start Menu. Either that or use FireFox/Seamonkey or Opera. Personally I use Seamonkey.

Yeah but without plugins you lose half the point of the internet. I prefer IE7 to those choices because of its clean interface (in Vista) but its up to you guys if you want it on. The reason its on mine is protected mode, but whatever.

Guest Iceddevilz

Call of Duty 4 does not work after installing this driver and the modded inf. Btw yu named your nv_disp.inf but isn't it suppose to be nv_disp2.inf?? neways i get this error when i run COD4:

----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit [Windows default] sound

----- R_Init -----

Getting Direct3D 9 interface...

Pixel shader version is 3.0

Vertex shader version is 3.0

Shader model 2.0 code path is available.

Shader model 3.0 code path is available.

Using Shader model 3.0 code path because it is the best available path on this hardware.

Attempting 800 x 600 fullscreen with 32 bpp at 60 hz

Game window successfully created.

Creating Direct3D device...

Com_TouchMemory: 0 msec. Using sum: 0

Insert List

Loading fastfile code_post_gfx

Loading fastfile ui

Loading fastfile common

Initializing render targets...

Requested frame buffer to be 24-bit color with 8-bit alpha

DirectX returned a frame buffer that is 24-bit color with 8-bit alpha

Error during initialization:

Create2DTexture( $floatz, 800, 600, 0, 114 ) failed: 8876086c = Invalid call

What are your complete and detailed system specs?

OS version and if it's completely up-to-date

CPU make, type, and speed

RAM amount and type in system

Video Card with driver number

Sound Card with driver number

Motherboard chipset make, type, and driver number

Ok I did this modification awhile back and was just reading up on this thread and noticed there is a new driver. My specs are HP Pavilion dv6308nr dual 1.8 with a integrated geforce go 6150. Problem is I cant remember what driver I downloaded with your INF. So if there is a newer version please point me in that direction .

Thanks

Using the latest one of your drivers. I have a hp dv2533tx with a 64mb 8400m gs.

The colour settings such as digital vibrance and the saturation settings do not change. I can move the sliders and it flickers to the setting I change it to but goes straight back to defualt.

Did you make sure you deleted the nv_disp2.inf already included with the drivers?

can you post your complete system specs?

What is the most recent driver with your inf for Geforece Go 6150? Ive done your mod a while ago and was wondering if there has been any change. I play mostly world of warcraft and its gotten bad graphics again for some odd reason. So what is the most recent driver with inf that will help?

Please read the initial posting for details to what you need the INF I publish is only for a singular driver set. Can you post screenshots (thumbnailed please) of what you are encountering and what you mean by "bad graphics"?