LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WhiteTigerX7's HP/Compaq/VoodooPC INF (For Vista 32bit Only)

whitetigerx7

Its not really bad graphics im sorry its the frame rate. It has dropped down to 15 when it used to be in the low 20's and i havent changed a thing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• zachthurston

• Evan186

• neothe0ne

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've tried the mod .inf using the 169.09 driver.

I'm on a HP pavilion tx1000 (tx1030la to be more precise) with a nvidia geforce 6150 go.

Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of the UAC long black screens. anybody has found a solution for that? Honestly I don't wan to disable UAC.

Issues regarless UAC on or off:

- When I log into windows (username and pass) it takes a pretty long time before I see my desktop (kindda black screen)

- When I run a program that would have asked for confirmation with UAC, it takes a *long* time to show up (the same black screen) ... though, not always (still haven't had the time to experiment in other situations).

- Also, I have the feeling that prior the first windows vista logo (when you turn on your laptop) there is another black screen that wasn't there with default drivers.

Thanks for your hard work!!!

I just instaled latest driver and moded inf on my tx1000 and all worked fine - same issues as previous post.

UAC looks even funier with HDTV connected - the laptop screen turns pink when UAC does that dark overlay:)

When I connect my hdtv thru the composite cable I don't see the different hdtv resolutions - i.e. 1080i, 720p, 720i and so on in nvidia control panel.

The driver update form MS added those (hd res) when I downloaded it few days ago. I was thinking that I can get 1080p with the newest driver.

What setting in the inf or anywhere else I should change to get the list of resolutions for the TV - I really care about 1080p - not sure even if 6150Go supports it.

One more thing video mirroring - how to? I know that nvidia disabled that for Vista. I get it on my XP laptop and I love it since I don't have to drag windows around and watching hd streaming content from instance abc.com is much better since I don't have the controls of their player visable. Not to mention that it's dvi->hdmi connection and I get 1080p. I can tell the difference, but found the digital color vibrance whcih makes 1080i(component) looks as colorfull as 1080p via dvi.

When I get home I'll try to play NvTweak app - I saw something in the menus about modify inf.

I'm on a HP pavilion tx1000 (tx1030la to be more precise) with a nvidia geforce 6150 go.

Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of the UAC long black screens. anybody has found a solution for that? Honestly I don't wan to disable UAC.

- When I log into windows (username and pass) it takes a pretty long time before I see my desktop (kindda black screen)

- When I run a program that would have asked for confirmation with UAC, it takes a *long* time to show up (the same black screen) ... though, not always (still haven't had the time to experiment in other situations).

- Also, I have the feeling that prior the first windows vista logo (when you turn on your laptop) there is another black screen that wasn't there with default drivers.

The screen goes black for a few moments due to a REQUIRED stability setting currently active on all my releases called ModeSetBlankDelay. This is a preventative setting to ensure your graphics card does not crash during the loading and uploading of the graphics memory buffer and the buffers are cleared before new visual elements are rendered.

As for UAC, the UAC feature is a redundant feature of Vista to the feature called Windows Program Access feature. Basically this same application asks for your permission to run executable binaries the same way UAC does without the excess interaction and system stopping. Overall UAC can be safely disabled without harming the security of your computer.

I have the same issue with my laptop (v6000Z w/ GeForce 6150) with the higher drivers. I tried a bunch of drivers, and the highest one I can get to work properly (UAC coming up instantly) is the 156.55 series with whitetiger's inf. Driver ( http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14837 ) I agree with you, I wouldn't disable UAC either.

Wow, 171.16 nearly TRIPLES my UT2004 performance on my HP Pavilion dv2312us with its GeForce Go 6150 so it's actually PLAYABLE now.. and it doubles WarCraft 3 performance as well! Incredible driver release! (this is all relative to 169.28)

As for the black screen stuff.. I ditched Vista Aero (and Vista Basic) long ago. I've found that Windows Standard, as a whole of Windows Explorer, lags a LITTLE less than Windows Vista (theme)... but not nearly at the smoothness of XP, unfortunately.

hi,

ive installed the 171.16 beta drivers with the inf - the install went fine (did a clean install) but the control panel does not open, gives the error nvidia control panel application 1.3.7.31 has stopped working - am on an HP tx1000 tablet pc. please let me know what im supposed to do to get the control panel working..thanks

• 2 weeks later...

New driver INF has been uploaded. Please READ the entire 1st post before installing. There is now a compatibility option that can be set by the user prior to installation you may wish to read up on before usage. Thank you.

help my control panel....context menu is gone. idk if this matters but the original inf was named: nvct.

i have installed drivers before, so i know all about the installation stuff. my config is a dv6646us - 7150m.

thank you

You have to delete any extra INFs in the folder and then reinstall. Also check out the Custom View of the Control panel to see if the options are enabled that way.

Guest Guest

i turned off UAC. renamed your dv_disp to nvac which originally was in the 174.20 driver. but driver still doesnt install. i installed several drivers on this lappy with no problem, so just let you know that i know the process. any ideas on this?

• 4 weeks later...

New driver INF has been uploaded. Please read the Instructions prior to installation. Driver INF is set to match driver 174.74

Guest shawn

Whitetiger, would it be possible for you to make an inf for vista x64 drivers? i've been wanting to try your config for a while but you only distribute vista 32.

i'd be willing to test them if you cannot, or maybe u can tell me what needs to be changed in the .inf file.

Mostly the changes are directed at the OS itself. You would need to acquire first the latest driver from HP to begin work, then you'll need to add in the specific card and series information in, finally, you'll have to add in every tweak available, then all you have to do is update the INF driver version and driver date. I can see about drafting an INF but the last time I did this the results were not good.

===========================================================================

What's new:

===========================================================================

Prior to install you MUST edit the INF at the following tweak:

HKR,, D3D_92521178, %REG_DWORD%, 0 ; Enable PCI Texture Memory Limit Size of XX MB*

If your card supports 128mb of RAM set the maximum size to 128mb. Do not attempt to set the maximum size to

256mb. You will run out of RAM if the system uses the extra RAM and it will cause instabilities with the system. Set this

tweak to match exactly the amount of memory you have allocated or have included with the graphics chip.

What does this mean for those with turbocache cards? Do we set it to the dedicated the amount we want to share or the maximum that it can share?

• 1 month later...
What does this mean for those with turbocache cards? Do we set it to the dedicated the amount we want to share or the maximum that it can share?

Maximum you wish to share. Or you can leave it at 0 and share all the memory with the GPU.

• 2 weeks later...

:)

I can't get WhiteTigerX7s *.inf to install at all - I think it might be a hardware ID or something.

I tried the modded *.inf / works 175.12 - I noticed the IDs are in a different format?

Once I delete the original *.inf and stick in WhiteTigerX7s *.inf, The installer says nothing was

installed or updated and restart - to try again later?

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_30CC103C&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_30CC103C

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&CC_0300

btw Im using Ultimate.

Edited by Quackerz

Guest John

I have never been able to get WhiteTigers drivers to work. It always tells me that the drivers are not made for my OS. I am using Vista Home Premuium 32bit. Have a hpdv2533tx and the line for my card is in the inf. Also I tried using the line to limit the turbocache in the other inf from lv2g and it still shows that it is sharing 1gb instead of the 256 I told it to.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HTown

Driver seems to work fine on my go 6150, although for some reason the card is taking too much memory from the OS.

When editing the inf at:

HKR,, D3D_92521178, %REG_DWORD%, 0 ; Enable PCI Texture Memory Limit Size of XX MB*

I set the value to 128, but dxdiag has the approximate total video memory at 825 mb, which is way too high.

Am I doing something wrong?

Driver seems to work fine on my go 6150, although for some reason the card is taking too much memory from the OS.

When editing the inf at:

I set the value to 128, but dxdiag has the approximate total video memory at 825 mb, which is way too high.

Am I doing something wrong?

That feature really only works and is needed on AGP and AGP TurboCashe style cards like the GeForce FX Go 5400. With modern chip-on-chip designs like the 6150, 7150, 8100 and others, they have automatic managing of this which is the same feature more or less but better. You can still set it and the memory usage to go to 128mb of extra system RAM instead of the 825mb which is fully available and still have it work, but in instances where the extra memory may be needed it will not be available.

As far as the driver NOT working on previous mentioned posts, some variations of the INFs supplied by HP/Compaq have been known to have adverse effects with Windows UAC enabled, some antivirus software, and even some security settings often enabled.

If needed try uninstalling the current driver you are using using Nvidia's SEPERATE Uninstaller program to clean out any INFs, drivers, and registry settings that may be interfering with installation.

Also, do NOT be afraid to edit features for the cards you use in the INF to enable or disable things. You may even need to comment out a line and try installing again.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is nobody having digital vibrance issues with the 177.98 driver using whitetigerx7's INF? I think last time I used it, it had the DV bug at startup.

Edited by Shaythong

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few issues with ModeSetBlankDelay that pop up every now and then but different drivers have had different results on various systems. Often it's a variant INF setting I haven't been able to resolve.

As for the Vista x64 topic... I don't have a 64bit OS to test it on. The problem with x64 is you have to manually manage how the OS starts or it will kick out the modified drivers for the defaults. In all honesty I don't plan to be going x64 for a while due to this. Until then 32bit systems are going to be a bit more desirable for custom drivers and INF mods.

IF you have a system that you have adjusted a setting for and want to share it please do post here what you did and if anyone else can support the change I'll add it in to my INF.