LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800M?

Tankkiller

Does anyone know when or if the 8800M is ever going to come out?

Also sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Nobody seems to know. There's a rumour that the 8700GT is the 8800. Others are saying nVidia will skip the 8800 and go directly to the 9xxx series but bottom line: nobody knows.

I also read in a news that there will be no 8800M for notebooks, because nvidia has problems to make the cards suitable for NB in sense of power supply and heat.

They will instead use another Chip called G81. But don't take this for sure, I think you have to ask nvidia directly to get a confirmed answer to this question.

if it will rly consume only 22W it could be possibly a MXM II. I would be rly happy if this would be true and wouldnt think twice to get it for my C90. I would be the happiest notebook owner on earth if this will be true and the 8800 will work on my C90.

• 4 weeks later...

oh no! no! my Toshiba satellite x205 8700m gs :) :) :P so sad I bought this notebook there will be 8800m gs

Edited by brxace

Now i get it, they have 60nm production now, right?

So the card gets cooler, with no performance loss.

IF this card exist it will probarly KICK A,SS!

EDIT: Now lets see what ATI can put togheter with theire 55nm technology.

Edited by gusIII

Nvidia lunched the 8800GT for desktops it has a much less power consumption and generates less heat. I really think that the 8800M will have a gpu based on the new 8800GT. The performance does not surprises. Nothing compared when the nvidia lunched the 7950 go gtx. I still hope there will be news about the 8800M on 19 november.