LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers

mobilenvidia

Sorry, but how come that I cannot download any Synaptics Driver frim here? I always get the message "It appears that something is missing".

Can somebody help me?

Thanx

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• The Lost One

• ricktendo64

• Michael Marley

Sorry, but how come that I cannot download any Synaptics Driver frim here? I always get the message "It appears that something is missing".

Can somebody help me?

Thanx

Tell us what version you would like and maybe we can mirror it for you

Tell us what version you would like and maybe we can mirror it for you

Thank you ricktendo64, I would like to try v15.0.2.0 for XP//Vista/Win7

Guest Faust

Ok, I installed 15.0.9 on my Vostro 1500, and it's great to have two and three finger gestures.

However, I looked in the registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls

and found that there are several options that appear there but do not show up in the touchpad settings, including:

Pinch Zoom

Rotating

Twist Rotate

There is no obvious (to me) way to enable these. Someone above suggested deleting "visibility" entries in those keys, but those do not exist.

Any ideas? Is this even possible?

Added 15.0.9.0

Guest HikareCG101

Ok, I installed 15.0.9 on my Vostro 1500, and it's great to have two and three finger gestures.

However, I looked in the registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls

and found that there are several options that appear there but do not show up in the touchpad settings, including:

Pinch Zoom

Rotating

Twist Rotate

There is no obvious (to me) way to enable these. Someone above suggested deleting "visibility" entries in those keys, but those do not exist.

Any ideas? Is this even possible?

Guest HikareCG101

Yay for being an idiot with forums and blankposting! I've been combing through the registry to try to enable those extra features (using Synaptics TrackPad v6.5, driver 15.0.9, with Win XP Pro on a Pavilion dv6736nr), and stumbled across a few other visible D_WORD entries. After tweaking a few, I was able to enable a few of the advanced features (ex. there was no ChiralScroll option for me to check, and now there is.) Here's what I've been able to do using magic (and feel free to turn this into a reg Entry file):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;Enables Chiral Scrolling Option

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\2Scrolling\1One-Finger Scrolling\3Chiral]

"Visibility"=dword:00000002

;Enables 3 Finger Press Events

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\8Application Gestures\1Three Fingers Down]

"Visibility"=dword:00000004

;Enables Separate Horizontal and Vertical 3 Finger Flick Events (non-customizable?)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\8Application Gestures\2Three-Finger Flick\Enable Three-Finger Horizontal Flick]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\8Application Gestures\2Three-Finger Flick\Enable Three-Finger Vertical Flick]

;Disables 3 Finger Flick (This is basically combined Horizontal and Vertical 3 finger flick, enabled by default)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPCpl\Controls\8Application Gestures\2Three-Finger Flick\Enable Three-Finger Flick]

"Visibility"=dword:00000004

;End of registry file

I can't yet find any registry settings on enabling PinchZoom, Rotating, and TwistRotate, but I think there would be a menu organization entry rather than a visible registry entry. If I stumble across anything more, I'll post here again.

Added 15.0.10.0

• 2 weeks later...

I am still looking to enable two-finger tap for middle click and three-finger tap for right click. My $400 eeepc can do this but my $1300 dell cannot. I have installed the latest synaptics driver from this forum and it has enabled all kinds of stuff -- chiral motion, two-finger scroll, etc etc. It all works except for the one feature I actually care about! Has anyone figured this out yet?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED. I now have two-finger and three-finger tap, in addition to pinch zoom, chiral motion, and two-finger scroll all working at the same time. woot!

Edited by christophocles

I am still looking to enable two-finger tap for middle click and three-finger tap for right click. My $400 eeepc can do this but my $1300 dell cannot. I have installed the latest synaptics driver from this forum and it has enabled all kinds of stuff -- chiral motion, two-finger scroll, etc etc. It all works except for the one feature I actually care about! Has anyone figured this out yet?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED. I now have two-finger and three-finger tap, in addition to pinch zoom, chiral motion, and two-finger scroll all working at the same time. woot!

How did you get pinch working? That's the only thing I can't get to work right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Added 15.0.13.3

The installer for Scribe will fail if you dont launch it using setup.exe, you can edit the installer using Orca or InsEd to edit/delete the CustomAction > CA_RunSetupExe_1 table from the installer to remove the dependency

Edited by ricktendo64

Thanks, also for the tip with the dependencies!

I also just realised it.

There's also a newer version out.

Scrybe v1.0.19.5160

Here is the .exe and the .msi:

http://rapidshare.co...1_0_19_5160.msi

http://rapidshare.co...1_0_19_5160.exe

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Synaptics Drivers 15.0.20 (unsigned):

http://rapidshare.co...SGS94.exeLatest

Scrybe 1.5.23.5280:

http://rapidshare.co...1_5_23_5280.exe

http://rapidshare.co...1_5_23_5280.msi

I didn't manage to edit the msi that way it can run without the exe.

Edited by The Lost One

MSI editing instructions:

- Download/Install Orca or InstEd It! MSI editors

- Right click on MSI installer and open

- In the CustomAction table highlight & delete CA_RunSetupExe_1

post-42841-127514873861_thumb.png

Edited by ricktendo64

Thanks for the explanation!

But I did as you told and the installation couldn't finish. Some cabinet file could not be found, when I remember correctly.

Thats strange, works fine for me...give my edited MSI a try (I also do a administrative install that extracts the contents of the msi for better compression)

http://ricktendo.com/files/ScrybeSetup_1000_v1_5_23_5280.7z

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ricktendo64!

Now I've found time to install your version and it worked without problems.

I don't know what I've done wrong.