LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Synaptics Touchpad drivers

mobilenvidia

Guest Bill McC

I had troubles with Visual Studio 2012 and soem of the synaptic drivers. Seems all the 15.x.x.x drivers will attempt to send a WM_VSCROLL rather than a WM_MOUSEWHEEL if the windows style includes scrollbars. End result was I could scroll down but not up on a couple of windows inside VS. Fix was to install 16.1.6 drivers.

I downloaded drivers from toshiba's site and used them on my Dell XPS 17. Trick is to NOT run the install, but rather update drivers via device manager. 16.1.6 seems reasonably good.

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• The Lost One

• ricktendo64

• Michael Marley

The latest drivers 16.6.2.13 are here. I'm currently on 16.5.3.3, but will update soon. I also tried updating the firmware from that page, but didn't detected my touchpad. But there is a SynapticsReflash.exe in the 16.5.3.3 pack and it detected the current firmware's version as 20.09.2012 and provided a xxxxx.img to upgrade. Haven't flashed it, as it was either flashed on installing (doubt it, as I found a log complaining that "this device does not have RMI backdoor capability") or it is wrong detected and will brick my touchpad.

Also, I managed to solve my Alt+Tab problem. It seems that the current drivers are adding a wrong UpperFilter in the keyboard class, a SynTP, which should be in mouse class. Deleted SynTP from keyboard class and it is working well now with all latest drivers. The problem remains with the scrolling not working in some softwares, but I doubt it can be solved with a simple reg tweak.

Last finding: in Procmon I noticed a high number of access to an inexistent key - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\UltraNavPS2

I've added one from Vista, found online. No more entries in Procmon, no problems so far.

This is the reg content.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\UltraNavPS2]
"TrackPointMode"=dword:00001214
"TrackPointModeFunction"=dword:00000011

Edited by lordkag

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, UchihaZero! You're our hero for the day!

:thumbsup:

EDIT: HKLM didn't work for me, but HKCU did. Here's my version in case anyone needs it:

Thanks for this version.  It works on my Vaio as well

• 1 year later...