LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Which is really the latest version of Nvidia drivers?

Raphie

Last last couple of weeks Nvidia released a whole new flood of drivers:

156.xx versions and 163.xx versions

according to the Nvidia controll panel, it seems that all use 7.15.11.xxxx components (where the 156 versions are 5659 / 5664 etc. ) and the 163 versions are 6369 / 6371 etc)

does this mean that 163.xx drivers though released earlier carry more recent components? or is the current "mobile" version of a component labelled 56, rather than 63, but carrying the same development cycles? i am a bit lost here on what to use? all versions of the driver work with a modded inf, but i am curious what functionallity i am missing out on using one rather than the other?

I could not find any clear differences in the controll panel either

Can someone shed some light on this?

Edited by Raphie

163.xx really mean for Desktop

156.xx for Laptop with special function.

Higher version doesnt mean they are lastest.

I have Everex XT5000T laptop with 156.55 works well for me. I tried all Desktop driver from 162.xx to 163.xx still problem on my laptop.

Last last couple of weeks Nvidia released a whole new flood of drivers:

156.xx versions and 163.xx versions

according to the Nvidia controll panel, it seems that all use 7.15.11.xxxx components (where the 156 versions are 5659 / 5664 etc. ) and the 163 versions are 6369 / 6371 etc)

does this mean that 163.xx drivers though released earlier carry more recent components? or is the current "mobile" version of a component labelled 56, rather than 63, but carrying the same development cycles? i am a bit lost here on what to use? all versions of the driver work with a modded inf, but i am curious what functionallity i am missing out on using one rather than the other?

I could not find any clear differences in the controll panel either

Can someone shed some light on this?

I am wondering the same thing mate.

What I do is I check nvidia.com and search for drivers. Then I find out what date there latest recommended driver is. Then I check here for new post and drivers going beyond that date, so I know I got newer drivers.

I am currently back at my old 84.63 drivers but am planning on test the latest whql laptop drivers and 163.74 beta for dekstop.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=72

What's so difficult at look at the date shown in the description of each driver post. We made that on purpose...

163.xx and 156.xx are the latest ones. So you might want to look here too:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=71