LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SLI driver for Gforce Go 7900 GS Video Card

Guest Ziggy

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can please tell me if there is a Vista SLI driver out yet for the Gforce Go 7900 GS video cards for laptops. If so can you please point me in the right direction. Thank You

I'm gonna go ahead and second that notion. By which I mean, emphasize that if anyone has any info about SLI drivers for the GO 7900 GS, PLEASE post something on this thread.

Probably most people asking this have the Aurora m9700, as I do. Alienware and Nvidia are being vague and uncooperative about releasing an SLi driver, but I hate having a 512 MB video sitting around inside my laptop gathering friggin dust. Which it has been since I upgraded to Vista 9 months ago.

I've tried the most popular drivers, like 158.45, and the new 163.44 - optimized for Bioshock, and it's a no-go. They work fine on non-SLi mode, but when I turn on SLi, games start flickering really badly, and VLC won't work.

Please post anything you know about getting SLi to work! Thank you!

Alright, I'm replying to my own post now.

I've found a driver that seems to work for me.

Here's the link:

Vista Mobile SLi Driver

This driver was just released a couple days ago, on 9/23/07

It is technically for the Aurora m9750, but it's working fine on my m9700.

SLI finally works!!

Just download the driver, and install it the same way as a driver from this site. Follow these same steps:

Vista Driver Installation Instructions

You don't need any special/modded inf. Just use the one that comes with the driver.

I hope this works as well for everyone as it did me. Now it's time to launch Bioshock!!

Alright, I'm replying to my own post now.

I've found a driver that seems to work for me.

Here's the link:

Vista Mobile SLi Driver

This driver was just released a couple days ago, on 9/23/07

It is technically for the Aurora m9750, but it's working fine on my m9700.

SLI finally works!!

Just download the driver, and install it the same way as a driver from this site. Follow these same steps:

Vista Driver Installation Instructions

You don't need any special/modded inf. Just use the one that comes with the driver.

I hope this works as well for everyone as it did me. Now it's time to launch Bioshock!!

It says it's from 8/23/07 not 9/23/07

It says it's from 8/23/07 not 9/23/07

Woops, you're right. It's a month older than I thought.

Regardless, it's the only driver that'll give you SLi at this point in time. Well worth the download.

Not sure if you are aware but there is a Microsoft hotfix for SLI cards and vista users, I found it while running through the nvidia site check it out, it might help a bit with sone the the issues you have.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/windows_vis...otfixes_uk.html

Regards

kev

I have an Alienware M9700. I am getting a problem where I am unable to suspend or hibernate the system without it hanging when it wakes - I am sure this is related to the graphics drivers - is this something you see ? - any suggestions ?

Guest Steffen
I have an Alienware M9700. I am getting a problem where I am unable to suspend or hibernate the system without it hanging when it wakes - I am sure this is related to the graphics drivers - is this something you see ? - any suggestions ?

same laptop..same problem.

it's really annoying.

and cs source has started freezing up on me after their last update.

gotta be the graph. driver.

i have no clue how to fix it, but thanks for posting this.

and if anyone has an idea, please let us know.

Guest Nick556
same laptop..same problem.

it's really annoying.

and cs source has started freezing up on me after their last update.

gotta be the graph. driver.

i have no clue how to fix it, but thanks for posting this.

and if anyone has an idea, please let us know.

Hey i was wondering if you're using a 7900 geforce or the actual 7950, since the drivers say for a 7950