LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Motherboard GPUs to be integrated to Intel Desktop sytems

®®®

NVIDIA extendes its family of GeForce 7 Series motherboard graphics processing units (mGPUs) to Intel processor-based PCs. Starting today, GeForce graphics are more affordable and accessible than ever before for Intel customers.

The NVIDIA GeForce 7150 mGPU delivers the performance of an entry-level discrete GPU and leading graphics compatibility when compared against traditional integrated graphics solutions. The GeForce 7150, 7100, and 7050 mGPUs are designed to support a full range of Intel CPUs (Core 2, Pentium, and Celeron CPU families), including upcoming 45nm Intel "Penryn" processors and other new features, such as 1333MHz frontside bus technology. In addition to delivering an unparalleled graphics experience to mainstream PCs, the GeForce 7-Series mGPUs support optional HDMI or DVI digital output capability to enable the playback of protected digital content directly from the PC to high-definition televisions and other displays.

Designed as single chip solutions for cost-effective PC system integration for both AMD and Intel platforms, all NVIDIA GeForce 7-Series mGPUs enable the premium graphics experience on Windows Vista, and incorporate NVIDIA nForce core-logic functionality, including advanced storage and networking features for powering today’s connected digital lifestyles.

Source: HardwareZone.com

Here's the reference of DEV_IDs for these upcoming new GPUs extracted from Pieter's INF:

C67_DEV_0530=GeForce 7190M / nForce 650M

C67_DEV_0531=GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

C67_DEV_0532=MCP67M

C67_DEV_0533=GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M

C67_DEV_053F=MCP67M

I guess 0532 will then be the GeForce 7100M / nForce 620M, while 053F could be GeForce 7050M / nForce 600M.

I'm just really curious.... what is the difference in performance from a 7050 to 7150 motherboard GPU? And to boot, there's what... 4 different levels? Can they really be that different or are they calling them different just because of the 6x0 number/chipset change also? I would think that the frame rate change of 1 fps in a x100 model increment wouldn't matter to, well, anyone. Thoughts?

At current Nvidia has two lineups. One for AMD and the other for Intel.

AMD range is:

GeForce 6 and NForce 4 series.

GeForce 7025 and NForce 630a

GeForce 7050 PV and NForce 630a

Intel range is:

GeForce 7050 and NForce 610i

GeForce 7050 and NForce 630i

GeForce 7100 and NForce 630i

GeForce 7150 and NForce 630i

as listed on Nvidia's website.

No details on the GeForce 7190 and NForce 650 have been given yet but there is a difference.

The 7050 PV for AMD is not the same as the 7050 Intel GPU. The AMD version has built-in real-time Purevideo processing and HD video playback capability.