LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Upcoming TOSHiBA X205-S7483 Gaming Laptop exclusively at Best Buy for $1499,99

®®®

TOSHiBA today announced in a press release that the Satellite X205-S7483 will be available exclusively at Best Buy stores nationwide on 2007-09-30 for $1499,99. This new gaming notebook is part of Toshiba’s award-winning DirectX 10 compatible Satellite X205 gaming notebook series designed for extreme gaming enthusiasts.

The X205-S7438 features NVIDIA’s GeForce 8700M GT DX10 graphics processing unit (GPU).

Other highlights of the Satellite X205-S7438 model include:

• Massive dual hard disk drives for ample storage of games, movies, photos and MP3s
  • 17-inch diagonal widescreen TruBrite® display for a crisp, clear display and optimal viewing capacity
  • Four built-in Harman Kardon stereo speakers with subwoofer with Dolby Home Theater technology for a rich, engaging surround sound experience
  • 1.3 megapixel Webcam and microphone for staying connected during marathon LAN parties
  • Six USB 2.0 ports for connection of a mouse, keyboard, MP3 player, and other gaming tools

No detailed specifications are known so far, but i figured it will be derived from the two currently unnamed TOSHiBA SLI rigs namely SLI1 and SLI3 and those .PDF specs can be found here:

- X205-SLI1

- X205-SLI3

• 8 months later...

Got my own Toshiba x205-s7483 for 1100 (as my HP 1100$ laptop fried, so after 6 hours of best buy "customer service" they dropped the extra couple hundred bucks for the Toshiba).

But, learning how to use modded INF files etc on here, as its impossible for me to play ETQW or FEAR on this computer except in a window :)