LaptopVideo2Go Forums

is my geforce go 7600 upgradable?

Deezire

I have an Amilo Xa 1526 notebook with a geforce go 7600 mxm card in it, and the notebook its self is 17 inch.

I would like to know if there is a possible upgrade for it in the near future.

not that an geforce go 7600 is that bad but i would like to know if it would be worth it if i would upgrade to something faster.

do you have any suggestions your sure of that will work for this notebook please post them.

Edited by Deezire

The Amilo series uses MXM, but I'm not sure if there is room for a Type III in yours. If there is, you can equip your notebook with a x1900.

Hi, if you do upgrade the GPU then let me know as I am looking to upgrade the amilo pi1536 with its x1400 to the 7600.

Thanks,

James.

The Pi upgrades to a 7600 without any problem. It also upgrades to the x1900 but that makes the notebook very hot and takes your power supply to or beyond it's llimit.

• 2 weeks later...
The Amilo series uses MXM, but I'm not sure if there is room for a Type III in yours. If there is, you can equip your notebook with a x1900.

sorry it took awile since to write back.

I have much things at hand. :)

lots of hours to spend on my home work.

and alot of other stuff since i live on my own now.

but in the little time i had i decided to remove the screws and to open my laptop just to take a little look under the hood.

and damn these parts are tiny compared with the desktop standards :)

I think a x1900 should fit fine i think if also fits in the XI and the PI

i also took a look at the benchmarks at this site

the radeon x1900 (# 3DMark05: 7080 punten) performs quite well compared with the go 7600 (3DMark05: 3400 punten).

i still wonder what its power usage will be

if i can i sell the go 7600 i might upgrade to the x1900, the x1900 is a bit pricy tough but it is of quality indeed :P

With a 120W power supply, things should be fine. 90W could be a problem.

i think it has a 90w supply im not sure it also has it a 6 cell battery is that a problem?

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

The battery is not a problem, but a 90W won't cut it for a 17" with a x1900..

• 3 months later...
The battery is not a problem, but a 90W won't cut it for a 17" with a x1900..

i see

but is it possible to install a x1800 instead and do i need to aquire a new power supply?

and if so where can i buy it

Have you checked if it is indeed a 90W power supply? 120W power supplies are readily available on the net and even in regular stores. Browsing around pays off as the price differences are huge.

I also sell x1800 cards, installation procedure is 100% the same.