LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Trouble videocard Amilo Xa 2528

Jivis

Hey!

I bought a new notebook last week, an Amilo Xa 2528. It was delivered with Windows Vista, but I removed it and installed Windows XP instead.

All the drivers are working well, except for the videocard. According to the website where I ordered my notebook there's a nVidia GeForce Go 8600 256 MB in it and I guess that's the same as a GeForce 8600M GS, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I tried to install the official drivers of nVidia but it didn't work that well. In Windows I had a good performance, but as soon as I started a game the FPS was going very bad.

I tried Google and ended up here, but that driver is giving the same result.

Now I'm stuck, I tried DriverCleaner and removed everything, reinstalled, but nothing works. Somebody who might has a solution to this annoying problem?

Guest piekartz
Hey!

I bought a new notebook last week, an Amilo Xa 2528. It was delivered with Windows Vista, but I removed it and installed Windows XP instead.

All the drivers are working well, except for the videocard. According to the website where I ordered my notebook there's a nVidia GeForce Go 8600 256 MB in it and I guess that's the same as a GeForce 8600M GS, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I tried to install the official drivers of nVidia but it didn't work that well. In Windows I had a good performance, but as soon as I started a game the FPS was going very bad.

I tried Google and ended up here, but that driver is giving the same result.

Now I'm stuck, I tried DriverCleaner and removed everything, reinstalled, but nothing works. Somebody who might has a solution to this annoying problem?

hey. sry i dont have an anwnser for your problem.. but I have problems finding all the drivers for that same laptop for xp. can you please mail me the url's ??

rubenvonpiekartz@gmail.com

ty