LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus F5N - 7000m-610 NVidia Chipset

Guest xSushix

Guest xSushix

Heya Guys!

I got a problem with my NVidia 7000m/610m Graphic Chipset. I installed Windows XP 32 Bit Edition on my Laptop (ASUS F5N-AP001C), because i do not really like Windows Vista. I got all the other drivers and the Laptop runs stable, but I need a working Graphic Driver for it, because scrolling on Internet pages is very slow and I can not play any older PC Games.

I tried many different Drivers of this page, but everytime I installed a driver from this page, my Laptop crashes and restart.

I hope you can help me out with my problem.

Regards,

Sascha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I've just bought ACER with 7000m and Vista. I was going to remove this "great"microsoft product and load XP, but I checked the support web page for ACER. And..... there is no drivers for 7000m for XP !!!!!!! I found out thet this 7000m is the quite new chipset and it was made for vista!!!!!. So, so far i will stay with vista untill i will find drivers. hopefuly they will made or not!?

I am also waiting for it.

michal

my laptop is acer aspire 5520 graphics card is also nvidia 7000m/610 chipset

on review fudzilla.com site they bechmarked the 7000m on pcmark 05 and the score was 900 on windows vista home premium

my laptop bechmark score never exceeds 370 even on 64 bit versions of windows xp :)

i'm very tired,,,, every day i try a new driver, new windows version and there is no difference at all......

plz...

anyone could help me

my laptop is acer aspire 5520 graphics card is also nvidia 7000m/610 chipset

on review fudzilla.com site they bechmarked the 7000m on pcmark 05 and the score was 900 on windows vista home premium

my laptop bechmark score never exceeds 370 even on 64 bit versions of windows xp :)

i'm very tired,,,, every day i try a new driver, new windows version and there is no difference at all......

plz...

anyone could help me

Hurm...hard to say this.. but on that 7000m..nothin u can do except using ur laptop doin Office works.. I got a fren wif the same card..i can't even manage to update the driver... it has too low performance

And also for MICHAL.. Don say that great with quote..i know lots of people hates vista..but vista not really a bad os.. I luv it when i got used to it.. same as changin 2000 to xp.. There's some reason y vista is made..one of it is the version 6 ip address..i dont know if u already know bout this.. but in the future..we cant use version 4 ip address anymore.. Get used to vista.. As for me its same as xp..juz havin software compatibility probs long time ago..but now.. Its good..at least for me..

• 6 months later...

For people with this GPU: The best driver for you is undoubtedly 158.45!!! Expect amazing results such that you will be able to play games like Gears of War on 800*600 with med detail (with overclocking of course). Best of luck and I hope this helps.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Vista scores: Gaming: 3.3

Aero Desktop: 4.0

--------------------------------------------------------------

Overclocking works wonders on this card with the 158.45 drivers. Without it you're screwed if you want to play any games!

Regards.

Edited by Andrew55

• 5 weeks later...
Guest dave97

i have the same gpu, i found a site that has working drivers but its bookmarked at home and im at work right now email me at dave97@gmail.com if you want the link.