LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for Geforce Go 6100

Kokkie

Hello all,

Here's a totally n00b speaking when it comes to this site and its drivers. I'm pretty known with the nVidia drivers, but not whith these.

That's why I've a question:

I have an Acer Aspire 7000 and I've Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (demo) installed on it. On my laptop is an nVidia Geforce Go 6100 with 256MB.

I'm now looking for the newest driver which is capable for my Go 6100 and which improves my graphic prestations. That's actually the most important thing.

In this 'web' of drivers and modded INF's, can you please help me?! I have installed Windows Vista 32bit Home Premium.

So: whais the most recommended driver for my Go6100 at the moment??!

Thanx in advance! :)

Well, because you didn't answer I tried some of the drivers by myself. This is my experience:

Driver 97.55 is standard, delivered by Acer & nVidia and works perfect

Driver 158.45 is from this site and works stable, some improvements, but not too much. Weird fact: the 'aero-prestations' number I got in Vista lowered from 3.0 to 2.8. Not really a problem, because I don't use the aero at all.

Also I tested 163.44 and 163.69, both installed correctly. But when I rebooted the laptop it turns into a black screen just before the log-on screen comes and it never goes away. So, they didn't work.

I have Geforce Go 6100. Are the 16x.xx drivers not capable for that card? Or are there any other good drivers like 158.45 which I can try?!

Thanx for your help!