LaptopVideo2Go Forums

7900 GS tv out problem

En_A

hi there good people!

been trying all sort of things already, so need any of u guys advice :P . will greatly appreciate it.

here is the problem;

i am using a reference 7900 GS card for quite some time now and been using it to my LCD HDTV. (through DVI)

because of some reasons, i want to set my card to display through its TV-out to a normal definition TV.

the problem is i failed to get it displayed on the screen. been updating the driver, reset it and all but nothing seems working.

I think i do know a thing or two about setting up the nvidia control panel for dual screen mode as ive been using it with my HDTV for quite some time now.

anyway, i am using a converter that converts the TV-out to rca component output. the yellow one. it does not come with the card tho, its from my previous X800 GTO. I do not see this as a problem, but is it?

Any help or suggestion will be very lovely :) .

Thanks! :) :P

Guest Justin
hi there good people!

been trying all sort of things already, so need any of u guys advice :). will greatly appreciate it.

here is the problem;

i am using a reference 7900 GS card for quite some time now and been using it to my LCD HDTV. (through DVI)

because of some reasons, i want to set my card to display through its TV-out to a normal definition TV.

the problem is i failed to get it displayed on the screen. been updating the driver, reset it and all but nothing seems working.

I think i do know a thing or two about setting up the nvidia control panel for dual screen mode as ive been using it with my HDTV for quite some time now.

anyway, i am using a converter that converts the TV-out to rca component output. the yellow one. it does not come with the card tho, its from my previous X800 GTO. I do not see this as a problem, but is it?

Any help or suggestion will be very lovely :D.

Thanks! :clapping: :thumbsup:

I had the same issue with my 7900gs. I'm using the same converter as you are, it came with one of my old video cards and it works quite well. I remember having to jump through hoops to get it working the first time. What type of laptop are you using?

Hi Justin :)

act ive tried this using a desktop, but i think more or less the same. not sure tho.

this is the most active forum yet for this kind of problem, so just give it a shot :)

yeah, think the people here is lot nicer, maybe i need a laptop so i can join u guys, huhu. :P

anyway, any help will do. thanks!

Guest Justin

I can't quite remember what I did to get things working, but my problem was a bit more along the lines of a bad image being displayed. Things like the wrong resolution or a black and white image being shown...no matter what I did to fix it.

I know that the adapter your using will work just fine, I'm hardly experienced on the matter but have you run the multiple display wizard? Have you tried different resolutions and display methods? Instead of clone try using the TV as the only output.

Also...when tweaking display settings the TV should at LEAST flash a brighter black just briefly if the video card is attempting to display your desktop on the TV. Let me know if you see any change in the picture while your comp is settting the mode you've selected

yeah, thats quite the weirdest thing, the tv aint showing any response at all. none of the temp flash or wutever.

at first i began to think that the tv out included is just a dummy or something, huhu.

yeah ive tried different resolution and selecting the tv as the only output, but any other method i think no. maybe i need to try use different converter cable?

even tried to test the custom resolution and all but every time it says Test Failed or something like that. i really feel that my card did not detect the tv at all.

yep, tried it. boot and nothing happened. i think either that the cable did not work with my card or my TV out just screwed up.

or maybe its because of wrong settings? hmmm~ :)