Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When in Legacy mode:

Set antenna switch to either A or B (I get slightly higher signal from using A)

I assume Legacy mode only uses 1x1 antenna receive/transmit

Setting Antenna switch to Auto (default) means I cannot connect to router.

Setting to legacy 11b only, causes a BSOD (not parity error) this is for me, you might not as your router is 11b only anyway.

If I want 11b mode only I have to set the router to this mode.

I hate to say it, but I spoke too soon. It only worked that 1 time, now it finds the AP but when I try and connect to it Windows Vista says Cannot connect to "SSID." It works on a G AP and my N router at home, but not the B AP. If I go to driver 7.2.0 which is the one I first started with (Via update driver link in system management) it will work fine off the B AP but will only go to 54mbps at home on the N router (which is why I am using this driver). Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

11n came in the 7.3 drivers, Atheros drivers are probably having issues with 11n and 11b

try the 11bgn (not 40Mhz)

You should max out @ 130Mbps in 11n mode but 11b might work.

I just registered (I was the Guest_Guest)

Thanks for all you help, I appreciate it. I basically tried all the modes with both antenna modes, nothing worked. In the "Networking and Sharing" center it says "access denied" for the AP, but it still works on 11G,N. It also works in OS X on 11b,g,n so it must be a problem in Windows. I only have 2 antennas in my laptop, is the problem that I need the third one?

Thanks again :)

Nope the 3rd antenna will help range and speed, but will not affect how it hooks up.

You can get spare antenna's from oxfordtec.com quite cheap.

I put one in the lid hinge, fit's like a glove.

It's probably a driver problem not a Windows problem.

Try using the INF (copy and paste it) in to an older driver then install again.

The netband tweaks might enable 11n mode.

I'll try that, my laptop already has 2 antennas in the LCD hinge so I will put it elsewhere.

I'll let you know how it goes...

You can put it anywhere, under the keyboard some where etc etc

You are correct with this NO XP X64 drivers :)

Older driver cut and paste didn't work, I installed the 802.11 a/b/g/n pci express driver (comes with vista) and it works 100% somehow.

• 1 month later...
Guest laser21

Hi, I have a sparklan 124N, and have some small issues. In XP. Im using 6.0.4.13 driver.

I hope that I can fix it, when I understand the setting options in the driver - What is

802.11B Preamble

Map registers

Peek max GTK/PTK

Scan valid interval

Thanks, Lukas

You can leave all those settings as default.

Do a google for their meanings, somewhere there is a good Atheros glossery of all those settings.

added v7.4.2.15 and modded INF v1.16

Fixed, that will learn me to name the files wrong on the server.

Are there any drivers with the Parity error fix for XP x86? I searched, but didn't really find anything for the A5005GS (for a Gigabyte GN-WI01GT)

Well I tried out these drivers and they won't load on XP but I may see about developing a fix. If someone wants to create an inf with the fix then let me know. Also please tell me what fixed it for the vista ones.

BTW, That card uses the 5006X chipset. That was what the inf had it listed as. I have the same exact card as what you mentioned so...

Hi - I have just installed an Azurewave AW-NE770 in an Acer Aspire 5630 laptop - the driver installs correctly and the device is recognised.

However, I believe the radio is disabled - the wireless switch, when activated, claims "no wireless" - is there any way to disable this switch in the driver ? - I have read it is possible to physically disable the wireless switch by taping over a pin on the wireless card, but my preference is to do this in the driver.

Thanks

Update to previous post.

I disabled the wireless disable switch by taping over pin 20.

The card will now connect to my dir-655, but only with driver version 7.3.1.109 (with wpa2/aes enabled)

I've tried various antenna combinations and wireless modes, but none of them connect - vista complains of invalid encryption key.

If I try and connect with no encryption, vista claims it received no response from the access point.

Any one got any ideas ?

Thanks

Edited by jjpearce05

Just discovered this driver with my Gigabyte WI06 WLAN card will not go past 54Mbps.

Wont' hook up UNLESS I switch the 'Antenna switching' to 'A' (or 'B')

I would reccomend going back to an earlier driver.

109 definitly works at 300Mbps.

I'll do some more testing with the Sparklan WLAN card and non modded drivers.

Will be back later with findings.

Quick question. I have two PCs both Dell XPS laptops. I also purchased two Toshiba ar5bxb72 ar5008 atheros pci-e internal cards. I also have a dlink dir-655 router and am using the .109 driver found in this thread. On my XPS 1210 I get a full 300mbps as shown by windows and the router. However on my XPS 2010 with the same settings I only get a connection of 130mbps in windows and viewed on the router. Is there any reason that this might happen? Both laptops are the same distance from the router, both are running vista home premium and both have 4gb's of RAM. Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like it's only using 1 channel for WLAN card (need 2 channels to get the full 300Mbps)

Have a play with the 'Wireless Mode' Settings in the Control Panel for Network adaptors.

make sure it's set to 11abgn (40Mhz), or you could try some other settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I just registered and have the following problem which might be related:

I purchased a Trendnet TEW-623PI Wireless N PCI card and it works flawlessly in my DFI Lanparty CD-R ATI Crossfire Motherboard. The videocard 1900XTX gave out and so I had to purchase a new board and videocard. Bought a Gigabyte MOtherboard based on the 650i nvidia chipset. Wireless card locks up on install and on bootup. Went back to the store and bought a asus AV8-XE MOtherboard(Via chipset based). Wireless card works flawlessly again. My friend gives me a AMD X2 5600 cpu and Asus Crosshair Motherboard for free. So I go to the store to buy ddr800 ram. Everything works fine and dandy till I install the Trendnet TEW-623PI Wireless N pci card. Locks up on install and on bootup. Tried all your drivers with modification and what not and still same problem. ar5416.sys driver from trendnet's site gives the same problem as well. With all the problems of the Atheros chipset I managed to find out one person who came to the deduction that the pci bus on the nvidia motherboards(650i and 590 SLI) Saturate the pci bus and locks up. I emailed trendnet tech support and got the response that if other wifi cards(same chipset) have problems on the Nvidia boards then its the Motherboard Manufacturer is responsible and not their drivers. Oh and I am hooking up to a Trendnet 631BRP Wireless N router. When both the card and router work its awesome! 300mbps! I hope you can help me and see if the trendnet driver 70308(Latest on website for version 1.0R Atheros chipset 5416.sys has the same symptom. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Psygnosi :)

• 2 weeks later...

Added modded INF for 7.4.2.40