• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With driver 9.2.0.419 my AR9285 does not work very well. There are constant disconnections and problems connecting with encryption passwords. I had to revert to previous drivers who did not give me no problem.

I also found the driver Atheros-9.2.0.439 (03.Aug.2011), someone has tried them?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StrongEagle

Folks, 9.2.0.105 v1.31 loaded fine onto my Toshiba R830 running Atheros AR9002WB-1NG chipset. The reason I loaded the modded driver is to make channels 12 and 13 available (I am in Asia) to use some hot spots that are broadcasting on those channels.

Q: Does this mod open up the channels? TIA

Guest StrongEagle
Folks, 9.2.0.105 v1.31 loaded fine onto my Toshiba R830 running Atheros AR9002WB-1NG chipset. The reason I loaded the modded driver is to make channels 12 and 13 available (I am in Asia) to use some hot spots that are broadcasting on those channels. Q: Does this mod open up the channels? TIA

I think I have answered my own question. My inSSIDer monitor now shows channel 12 on one access point.

Many thanks to those of you who created these mods. Very helpful

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Harry Diculous

Greetings from Down-Under. Successfully installed v9.2.0.105 with modded INF v1.31 for Win7 x86 with an Atheros 5008x. On an adsl wired LAN with wifi card for Ad-hoc. What settings should I have to enable the connection please. TIA :-)

Win7 X64:

I can confirm that the DWA-547 LED does not work at all. This is not a big issue since the wireless works so far so good (it's only been a few mintues since i installed 9.2.0.105_1.31. Thank you for this awesome stuff - i could lose my mind with the previous stupid drivers from stupid outdated d-link site and install CD was very old too.

Thank you so much who keeps running this community and fixing stuff - i was all my life on Wired , but now that i moved i had no wired option here yet so im stuck with this for a while - i didn't wanted to spend +100$ on some super wireless stuff so i found this one which is good enough ... but oh the drivers ruin everything. We also have DWA-556 here in europe, which for some reason, costs TWICE as much as DWA-547 (in my country) , the difference is PCIe and maybe a new revision of the chipset, it has no more options or features or capabilites, it's an absurd price, but the DLINK site has updated drivers for it so i was confused at first ... i didn't knew the new drivers also support old chipsets and i didn't knew about Atheros at all or anything ... rough ride been this one week but im glad i fixed it - really ... it took me one WEEK to find this thread and the existance of modded drivers. I accidentially found this thread ... when i searched for something like that google stupid search always threw me stuff for linux and madwifi and others ...

Also can somebody tell me what are the A B C Antennas ? ... where is C ? I have 3 antennas with DWA-547 and the drivers seem to mention only A and B ... I am planning to install a new 7dbi anntenna that costs so so cheap and i would like to try it just for the experience, but i should be sure which plug to plug it in if maybe one's a fake antenna slot (i expect anything possible :P)

Edited by Stewox

• 3 weeks later...

Is it the 1.29 INF that allows me to turn off Background Scan? I'm trying to fix my interruption problem with the DWA-547. I'm running Win7 x64, so which driver do I need?

Oh, nevermind. Since I couldn't find the option I thought there was something wrong with the driver (v9.2.0.105) but turns out I'd accidentally let windows install the previous drivers all over again. Now to see if the problem's fixed..

I just bought an Acer laptop, it has an Atheros netcard built-in.

I played around with the settings and saw that I can increase the "Received Buffer" to "512"

After I downloaded and installed the latest version of modded driver 9.2.0.105_v1.31, I discovered that the highest "Received Buffer" I can set with this driver is "256".

Is it possible for someone to update this modded driver to enable those of us with newer Atheros based cards to enable the "Receive Buffer" to "512", please?

Thank you !

Well I've tried the

v8.0.0.316_v1.29,

9.0.0.125_v1.29 and

9.2.0.105_v1.31

drivers but haven't been able to extinguish the interruption problem. Could someone here that had the same problem tell me which driver they used?

The settings I've applied are:

-Background Scan: off

-Roaming Policy: very low

-and Scan Valid Interval: 120 (max)

• 2 weeks later...

Do any driver experts here know how to resolve the following issue:

I am using the modified drivers with a Ubiquiti SR71-E (Atheros AR9280) card. I need to use the card as an access point on Windows Server 2008 R2. The Windows 7 Atheros utility does not have an AP mode. But that is OK because the modified drivers add the correct Miniport driver so Windows can use its built in Virtual Wi-Fi AP stuff.

The problem is, the card throttles down its transmit power and data rates when it is not connect to another AP.

Scenario 1: Not connected to another access point, when the virtual AP is first started, I can connect to 1 antenna with good signal strength at full speed (for 1 antenna). After a few minutes the data rate decreases and the signal strength weakens. After 10 minutes the AP is unusable because the rate/signal is so weak.

Scenario 2: Connected to another access point, start the virtual AP, I can connect to both antennas channel bonded at full speed.

The problem is, I don’t want to have that other access point up because it becomes redundant and serves no purpose other than to get the virtual AP running. My understanding is that the miniport driver will use the settings for its parent wifi adapter for things like channel and such. I believe that the driver is dialing down the cards power because it isn’t connected, causing the virtual AP issues.

I have disabled all the power management for the card that I can to no avail. Is there a way to override this behavior so I can get full strength on the virtual AP without connecting to another AP?

Thanks

Do any driver experts here know how to resolve the following issue:

I am using the modified drivers with a Ubiquiti SR71-E (Atheros AR9280) card. I need to use the card as an access point on Windows Server 2008 R2. The Windows 7 Atheros utility does not have an AP mode. But that is OK because the modified drivers add the correct Miniport driver so Windows can use its built in Virtual Wi-Fi AP stuff.

The problem is, the card throttles down its transmit power and data rates when it is not connect to another AP.

Scenario 1: Not connected to another access point, when the virtual AP is first started, I can connect to 1 antenna with good signal strength at full speed (for 1 antenna). After a few minutes the data rate decreases and the signal strength weakens. After 10 minutes the AP is unusable because the rate/signal is so weak.

Scenario 2: Connected to another access point, start the virtual AP, I can connect to both antennas channel bonded at full speed.

The problem is, I don’t want to have that other access point up because it becomes redundant and serves no purpose other than to get the virtual AP running. My understanding is that the miniport driver will use the settings for its parent wifi adapter for things like channel and such. I believe that the driver is dialing down the cards power because it isn’t connected, causing the virtual AP issues.

I have disabled all the power management for the card that I can to no avail. Is there a way to override this behavior so I can get full strength on the virtual AP without connecting to another AP?

Thanks

Hello, I have the very same problem. At first I thought its some stupid Windows feature (I use Win7 64bit), but a friend of mine showed me that his laptop with the same OS has no problem with that at all.

I dont suppose any1 has found a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any stability recommendations on using the latest 9.2.1.470 driver with the modified .inf? Will try if I have time.

No issues yet. Will test throughput again when I have my external eSATA HD up and running again in a couple weeks.

Hello, i have an Atheros AR928X Wireless Adapter card, running on a Win7 64-bit.

I just purchased a dual-band router, but am unable to see the 2nd network on the 5GHz band.

I know the 2nd network is up and running because I can see it on other devices and laptops.

Will these modded drivers help?

Please help!