LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Hello, i have an Atheros AR928X Wireless Adapter card, running on a Win7 64-bit.

I just purchased a dual-band router, but am unable to see the 2nd network on the 5GHz band.

I know the 2nd network is up and running because I can see it on other devices and laptops.

Will these modded drivers help?

Please help!

edit for extra info:

I am currently using a dual-band router using WPA2/AES security.

However, it is also reporting a speed of 300.0 Mbps, from which i gather from googling is the target speed of using 5.0 GHz bandwith.

So my main question is:

If these modded drivers cannot help and i need to purchase a new adapter, will it produce higher speeds than 300.0 Mbps?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Blake B.

You are AMAZING!

Thanks a bunch, the D-Link drivers were complete crap... BSOD every time I attempted to revert to default drivers too -.-

This finally solved all of my issues, and was very much appreciated!

Guest kukubau

Hi again

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Long time since posting here.

Do you guys know the name of that little app that tests the wirless throughput and loss? It's a few kb in size. I can't seem to remember the name.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year Too All....

Thanks for this modded drivers, in special for AR9285,now i looking for modded driver for AR9271 witch i can't find it ( the original is 9.2.0.19 and the latest modded drivers don't have this driver ).

thanks in advance.

Guest Gastón

JE-SUS CRISTTTTT!!!!!!!! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKKKKKKK YYOOOOOOOOUUUUUU!

I tried EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING to make this crappy wifi card to behave well and I only achieve some "better" functioning.

I was going to return my brand new tablet and then, and then...

YOUR GREAT MODDED DRIVERS!!!! AND NOW I HAVE A F*KING TURBO WI-FI, FINALLY!!!!

; D

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

From Argentina,

(sorry for my english)

Cheers!

(and thank you very much again!)

; DDDD

Gastón

• 2 weeks later...

Just need a set of channels. Or tell me please how can I change the channel on this card Wi-Fi. My tablet does not see the channel number 11 and above, as well as time and channel 11 is assigned when you create a virtual access point.

I apologize for my English. I am from Russia.

PS Put your latest drivers, then the card has not joined, but after a reboot generally disappeared from the Device Manager. When you install the official driver jump out message that the device is missing or disabled. It helped only a broken system.

Just need a set of channels. Or tell me please how can I change the channel on this card Wi-Fi. My tablet does not see the channel number 11 and above, as well as time and channel 11 is assigned when you create a virtual access point.

I apologize for my English. I am from Russia.

PS Put your latest drivers, then the card has not joined, but after a reboot generally disappeared from the Device Manager. When you install the official driver jump out message that the device is missing or disabled. It helped only a broken system.

Excuse me, dropped out of the interpreter: Hello. And you can do for Atheros AR5B125?

Guest voidseesaw

I am running Atheros driver version 9.2.1.470 and the modded INF with no problems at all. I can zip the three files up if people want them, but I would rather seem them released legitimately from the trusted source.

Guest guest01

I am running Atheros driver version 9.2.1.470 and the modded INF with no problems at all. I can zip the three files up if people want them, but I would rather seem them released legitimately from the trusted source.

Please do so for 64bit as well

Guest Gastón

For those who are asking, the drivers work with many types of atheros cards, besides the model used for the drivers. So, previous backup, you should try them anyway, whatever model you have. I tried them on different models and they work!

About channels, two things:

1) There is an option for changing channels at least in the last version, the ones I use.

2) If you have the control, you can change the channel on your router too, as another possibility.

About new versions of modded drivers:

Just upload them to megaupload or something and post the link. If the genius behind this modded drivers look them and they are OK, you are helping in this, and they may appear in the "official trusted list". Of course everyone should understand that can use them at their own risk.

Sorry for my english, THANKS VERY MUCH AGAIN FROM ARGENTINA.

Guest voidseesaw

Here are the latest Atheros 64-bit drivers with modded INF included: http://voidseesaw.co..._v9.2.1.470.zip

I didn't do anything special here other than extract the SYS and CAT files from the download at this site: http://www.station-d...age/atheros.htm

I also updated the modded INF with the correct date and version number.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

???????? ?????? ??????????? ?????, ???? ?? ?????? ???????? ?????.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got a DWA-556 for my win7 64bits pro desktop computer, and having trouble with awful d-link drivers so trying to switch to your modded atheros drivers instead. Please excuse me for the following stupid questions :

1) what's the logic in the version numbers of the atheros drivers ? ? 9.2.0.474 (14/02/2012) newer than 9.2.1.472 (14/12/2011) ? ? ? So which is actually newest please ?

2) could you make a modded version of the latest driver please?

3) or, if instead of releasing a complete modded driver package you would rather just post the patched files, would you mind explaining how to incorporate them to the atheros driver package release please ?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Edited by phentex

first of all i can't get the current mod atheros driver work on my Atheros 5523

can someone help me mod inf for Atheros 5523?

i want to unlock all of this wifi card features

on windows vista/7 unfortunately that only available on windows xp

24ghzcheckedya1.jpg

For Vista/7 Driver you can find either in

http://usdn-free.nodevice.com/0b49b24fe2470b1b474fd8615ff1f6a5

or

http://www.engeniustech.com/resources/Vista_v1_0_3.zip

For Xp Driver you can find in here

http://www.engeniustech.com/resources/driverXP2K.zip

Edited by dhijacks

Anyone with ar5b97 chip will want to read this. I found the solution for LED not working.

in the netathr.inf file find the lines

HKR,, linkLEDFunc, 0, "35"

HKR, , swapDefaultLED, 0x00002, "1"

and change the first from 35 to 8

I also added the two lines from the original driver right below the first two

HKR, , gpioPinFunc0, 0x00002, "8"

HKR, , gpioLedCustom, 0x00002, "3"

also under the [atheros.DelReg] section find

HKR,,gpioPinFunc0

HKR,,gpioLedCustom

and delete them. Save the inf file and then normally install the driver. It's working as stated at the beginning of this thread. When connections are available there is a long blink, and when the adapter is connected it blinks in accordance to network traffic.

Also if anyone else is having the issues with LED let me know and i'll see what i can do. I attached the fixed inf if you are too lazy :)

netathr.inf

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i looking for modded driver for AR9271 witch i can't find it ( the original is 9.2.0.19 and the latest modded drivers don't have this driver ).

thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i am new to all these.

i am using an asus with ar9285 on win 7 64bit.

i am having so many problems with the wireless. dropouts very frequently.

i been reading this thread and many people has had success with the modded file.

i tried to download and install atheros_v9.2.0.105_v1.31 but it does not install.

if i am reading correctly, i have to mod the file to get some ID thing working.

can someone please help me.