LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

I Port n 300mbps but unstable and not use for daily use and some times reback to 130 or 54 mpbs.

any body can use stock driver with 300 mpbs ?( maybe i have mistake and 300 mpbs just for dual bands chip)

Edited by mehrzad1363

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where can I find a D-Link DWA-547 driver for Win7 64bit?

Tnx

Edited by maverick1234

Where can I find a D-Link DWA-547 driver for Win7 64bit?

Tnx

The standard atheros driver looks like it supports your card

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm

%ATHR.DeviceDesc.DWA547%   = ATHR_DEV_OS61_3A6D1186.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0023&SUBSYS_3A6B1186
%ATHR.DeviceDesc.DWA547%   = ATHR_DEV_OS61_3A7A1186.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_3A781186

[Strings]
ATHR.DeviceDesc.DWA547       = "D-Link DWA-547 RangeBooster N650 Desktop Adapter"

Guys, can we Atheros AR5BWB222 (like chip AR9462) to get to work on channels 12-14? thank you

• 5 weeks later...

Don't know if this is the right place to post...

But I need help. I can not get my Atheros AR5007EG to switch into 40Mhz Wide channel mode... Please see attached graphic files. I used the mod found here, specifically WLAN_Atheros 8.0.0.279 Mod 1.29, it said it should work for my card, installed to AR5006 as shown in png files. Alas no options were given to change my channel width so I had to hack the .inf file so it installed the option "Wireless Mode" found under the [20-40mhz] section I did this by changing EVER addreg line to include this eg:

AddReg          = atheros_os61.reg,11n.reg, 20-40mhz

AddReg          = atheros_os61.reg,11n.reg, 20-40mhz

AddReg          = atheros_os60.reg,11n.reg, 20-40mhz

AddReg          = atheros_os60.reg,11n.reg, 20-40mhz

BTW it worked once, then never again. I used inSSIDer 3 to verify this.

Can anyone tell me how to force my wifi into wide channel???

Spent hours and hours trying to get it to works,

Any help much appreciated.

post-52167-0-84441500-1371045779_thumb.p

post-52167-0-38576600-1371045786_thumb.p

Can't get atheros wifi to work under SP1. I am trying since 2009. 

I tried almost everything. I installed practicly all available adapters (drivers). 

Under AR5007EG and 10.0.0.234 wifi LAN card actually working (looking in device manager and adapter settings) and LED is on, but there is no connection.

CMD -> ipconfig /all -> there is no wifi adapter.

Troubleshoting reports driver error. Is there any chance that isn't error with driver, but with service pack SP1 on Windows 7 ultimate?

Since I installed SP1, wireless and cammera were lost. I actually uninstalled SP1 and nothing chagnges.

Some help please.  :pray:

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone.

Firstable, thanks for this work, it is very appreciated. I used a lot the modded driver and it works like a charm.

But... I have been searching for a month without any good driver... I have a Atheros AR9271 USB. I know that the USB driver is different than the one which is modded on this topic.

But I cannot find one modded for the all USB Atheros chipset. I could do this myself in studying the modded driver for the other Atheros cards, but I think it too difficult for me.

And to be honest, even the latest driver is bad, frequently disconnected even with using WLAN Optimizer to stop the background scan.

- So, could anyone explain me how to mod the driver, and I will try to make one for the Atheros USB chipset, like mine : AR9271

- Could someone who knows how to do this properly mod the latest driver for the USB Atheros chipset cards ?

It will be great, and I saw that I'm not the only one who need that.

Thanks in advance, and if not possible, I understand that it's a lot of work. But I would have tried.

After messing with an INF file (playing around with different REG combinations) I stumbled on a "parameter is incorrect" error and once that happened no other INF or driver would work, they all give that same error.

setupapi.dev.log shows the error occurs @ "class installer: failed(0x00000057)"

My guess is registry is corrupted.

How can I clean it?

I already tried deleting all PCI entries with my hardware ID. No good. Also tried cleaning network adapters Class entries.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I have DELL Studio XPS 13 laptop and I've been struggling with Win 8.1 64bit installation mainly because Wifi and BT drivers. The Wireless card in this laptop is "Dell Wireless 1515 Wireless-N Adapter", HW ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_0200168C&REV_01.

Now with the installation problem being solved I am still running on the latest Wifi drivers provided by Dell, 8.0.0239 dated 23/10/2009.

According to HW ID the Atheros chipset is AR5B91. Or I found also the chipset AR928X. Anyway it is the same driver and it is available for all systems including Win8 64bit. On Atheros drivers website (http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php) I can see the latest driver available is 10.0.0.263.

When I try to update the drivers Windows does not accept it, saying the latest driver is already installed.

I believe this is because the INF needs to be modded?

Could anyone help me, please?

Found this driver that supports your specific card, here is a link to the latest

version 10.0.1.242

date 2013-04-02

download http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Driver/mb_driver_lan_bigfoot_8series.exe

I think the installer has a condition set for a specific oem hardware id (in this case gigabyte.) Maybe you have better luck with the one from Dell

http://ftp.dell.com/FOLDER01210208M/1/Network_Driver_P7P91_WN_10.0.0.222-7.4_A00.EXE

Hi guys, i am new this site. ? have alfa awuso36nha high gain usb wireless driver. Chipset atheros AR9271 and i am use windows 8 64 bit.

? have a problem for orginal drivers. ?ts not stable and i am not use special options(for ex. bgn mode select, region select, roaming sensivitiy select )
its screen shott if do you help me, i am pray for you.Thanks.

vbc8d.jpg

vbc8w.jpg

• 1 month later...

latest Driver moded but for 64 bit and some change plz test and feedback .

attachicon.gifatheros_wifi_10.0.0.234_w7-8_64bit_mod test.rar

Please can you fix on my Pc with Windows 8.1 x64 and dwa-547 I have error with blue screen driver overstack buffer error. Please can you fix it. THX in advance.

Please can you fix on my Pc with Windows 8.1 x64 and dwa-547 I have error with blue screen driver overstack buffer error. Please can you fix it. THX in advance.

Try upping receive and Transmit bufferes to max

Try upping receive and Transmit bufferes to max

Ok but where do I need to change this settings when I am unalbe to install driver? THX

Atheros and x64 are notorious for causing havoc when they get together unless everything is just right. You're going to have to either boot into safe mode (no idea if Win8 can do that) or physically remove the card and THOROUGHLY AND COMPLETELY remove the drivers. Then try an older driver version if possible. I've been told that CCleaner can do it, but I end up doing it by hand, running a search over and over to make sure I've got it all.

Atheros and x64 are notorious for causing havoc when they get together unless everything is just right. You're going to have to either boot into safe mode (no idea if Win8 can do that) or physically remove the card and THOROUGHLY AND COMPLETELY remove the drivers. Then try an older driver version if possible. I've been told that CCleaner can do it, but I end up doing it by hand, running a search over and over to make sure I've got it all.

Ok I sloved that in windows 8. I removed modeed driver put official and now I will wait till someone fix or do mod for latest driver. All I want, all we want is fully working modded driver :)

latest Driver moded but for 64 bit and some change plz test and feedback .

attachicon.gifatheros_wifi_10.0.0.234_w7-8_64bit_mod test.rar

i tried to install this driver to fix a latency issue, but my wifi stopped working. i tried re-installing the old driver, but it didn't come back to life.

system restore doesn't work, either.

any ideas of how to restore my atheros ar5b97 so it works again short of re-installing windows? i installed all sorts of drivers - old, latest, and modded. nothing works. windows 7 (x64) reports that the wifi card is working fine, yet it no longer gets wifi signals.

thanks,

max

• 1 month later...

For those who have problems using channels 12-13 with AR5007:

I started by installing atheros_v9.2.0.105_v1.31

http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/wlan/atheros_v9.2.0.105_v1.31.exe

Then the wifi card connected to channel 13, but there were two issues:

1. Very slow speed with a lot of droppped packets. Practically unusable on channels 12-13, while 1-11 worksed fine.

2. The LED on the Wi-Fi button on the laptop (HP G7000) showed disabled (Orange) even though the Wi-Fi was connected and working.

To solve 1, add this to the registry (replacing 0012 with the actual address of your Wi-Fi card):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0012]
"antennaSwitch"="2"

To solve 2, I used a workaround. First I removed the driver completely and installed CommViewWiFi Driver. This fixed the LED button, unfortunately with this driver channels 12-13 didn't work, and the solution is to add the following to the registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0012]
"ignore11dBeacon"="1"
"antennaSwitch"="2"
And now everything works just perfect. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Can somebody please re-upload http://voidseesaw.com/atheros_v9.2.1.470.zip ? I have an  AR9485 card, and can not get any of the other versions to work, but naz2x has the same card as me and said he got this version to work.  

btw, the error I am getting is error code 10, device failed to start whenever I try to install any driver version other than official. 

• 2 months later...

can someone please show me how to install the latest drivers? im new here

Edited by ShinRaphael

Install via device mananger, update driver.

I'm not using an Atheros based card at the moment, have gone Intel for now.

So can't help much further.

Install via device mananger, update driver.

I'm not using an Atheros based card at the moment, have gone Intel for now.

So can't help much further.

If s previous driver is installed remove this and if it auto detects an older one then remove this as well, do this until it no longer installs a driver.<

i dont understand this here. when i go in device manager and uninstall the driver, then reboot. it just reinstalls it and i cant install the new one. what am i suppose to do??