LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Fixed, that will learn me to name the files wrong on the server.

Woot! Your Atheros 1.09 Modded driver fixed my problem with the trendnet TEW-623PI! Thanks! :)

Sincerely,

Psygnosi :)

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy to find this thread! I wanted to upgrade my wife's Laptop for her Bday (really, excuse to open it up). New faster HD, new faster wireless... then the parity error started.

So guys, thank you!

Hmmm, I had similar problems with my DLink router (dgl4300), it won't connect unless I force channel/antenna B (haven't set it up for A).

Had another parity error (took longer this time), but I might have changed something on the hardware tab before I read the post about forcing A or B. This was with 109. Seems to happen whenever I connect to my DNS323.

*sigh*

I will try the newer ones. Thanks again.

--------------------------

:What about WIN XP ??:

--------------------------

Hi

Bought Gigabyte W106 mPCIe (Atheros AR5008) for my Sony VAIO VGN-C1Z/B running XP Pro but buggered if I can get any drivers to work!

Tried every combo I can think of but still Windows crashes 'Partiy err'. Even tried it on Vista but same problem, although lasted slightly longer. OS X recognised it as Airport card but couldn't find any networks.

OxfordTec said it was the drivers being incompatible with my chipset. But Intel mobile 945GM ICH7 must be as common as anything.

How is it possible that Atheros have made such BAD Drivers?

Please can someone come up with a Fix for XP.

Thanks

The only issue I have with these drivers is that the auto setting doesn't seem to work right. Almost every time I boot I have to go to the device manager and pick either A or B as the main antenna. Well, I guess this is better than having the laptop blue screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wjchen@mxic.com.tw

Hi :)

I am using an Toshiba Atheros AR5008 Card (bought from internet) in my acer travel mate 6292 note book.

the LED works fine with XP system (Driver 6.0.3.94 with WHQL), XP catch AR5008

The problem is "LED does not work with Vista system", but connect to AP is fine (I tried each version WHQL driver, all the same, Vista catch AR5008X)

the modded driver LED is functional, but cannot connect to AP, even cause AP shutdown. (tested: v1.16/v1.15 modded driver)

in the other hand, Toshiba official atheros driver can not install in Acer note book due to some hardware check.

so, could any one give me some good suggestion?

why the XP showed AR5008 but vista told AR5008X?

my card's picture example AR5BXB72 ->http://ccca.nctu.edu.tw/~wjchen/atheros/5008-1.jpg

Guest wjchen@mxic.com.tw
"LED does not work with Vista system" Toshiba card installed in Acer Travelmate 6292 note book ....

Thanks all, this problem already solved by 7.4.2.40 v1.16 modded driver

Need adjust attenna mode to A or B instead of AUTO.

Any chance of someone making a mirror of the modded inf? all the links are down :)

Pieter, thanks for sorting out the link :)

So far I'm messing with the DWA-547 RangeBooster N 650 Desktop Adapter and your Atheros 7.4.2.40 v1.16 modded INF driver worked a treat.

Connects perfectly to my DIR-655 router at 300 Mbps :)

Stock drivers would only manage a measly 58 Mbps!

Edited by Pawel

• 2 weeks later...

Try the latest drivers (.48), they fix my parity error.

Also seem to not go too bad with connection either (not had to switch to either A or B yet)

I "solved" the switching problem by stopping the channel scanning/hoping feature on my router.

Not a real solution by far, but it is less annoying. :)

BTW, Vista Update has a recent driver, anyone know if it is newer than the one in this thread? Wish MS would at least display driver versions.

Try the latest drivers (.48), they fix my parity error.

Also seem to not go too bad with connection either (not had to switch to either A or B yet)

How do I incorporate the modded .inf into a new driver, for instance .48?

Are you trying to tell me you'd like a modded INF for the .48 drivers :)

Ha, I guess I was. I didn't know if I could use the old inf from a previous version or something :)

But thank you for posting the new drivers with the modded INF. However I get a 404 error when clicking on the link.

Thanks again.

Would help if I named the file right on the server.

Using older INF will work fine, just in display properties it will report the wrong version.

Guest Guest

Is there any NMI:Parity error fix for windows xp?

I enconter this NMI:Parity error fix crash often after i replace Intel 3945ABG with Atheros Ar5008 on my vaio ux...T-T

I had to revert back to the .109 with version 1.16 of the inf. I was having problems where even if I manually selected Ant. A or B whenever my computer went to sleep it would loose the internet connection. I would then have to go in and flip Antennas to get it back up. I also got a few blue screens, it didn't say parity error, but I think it was from the driver.

BTW:

My Card is an apple branded 5008

My router a d-link dir-655 firmware 1.11

Computer Dell XPS M1210

Added v7.6.0.83 with INF v1.17

Hello

Is there no interest in making a working driver for AR5008 for XP? Why is all the interest just for Vista?

Would be great if this card could work on XP with blue screening every five minutes.

I don't have XP on my machine so will be very hard to make something I haven't got

Remind me again in 2 weeks I may take pity and see what I can do (blindly)

Thanks for the Link Laser. I'll give em a try when I next install TinyXP or Tiny2003.

Thanks for your offer MobileNvidia I'm currently running Tiny Vista which I recommend:

http://tinyurl.com/6a5c2d

And testing out various Vista drivers on my SparkLAN WPEA-124N from OxfordTec on my VAIO C1Z.

If anyone is interested all the Gigabyte Atheros mini PCI Express cards I've tried have blue screened both Vista & XP and even caused Ubuntu to hang which I've not seen before. Also their Gigabyte RaLink GN-WS30N card couldn't detect half my neighbours networks although it worked quite well in Hackintosh OS X.

So far with driver v7.6.0.83, inf v1.17 for my above setup with Vista Ultimate x86

I'm still getting the dreaded Blue Screen Parity Error! Sometimes even during boot.

I'll try a couple of older versions before despairing again.

I wish someone could tell me why Atheros drivers or hardware is so god damn awful?

I haven't come across anything this bad in years. I thought pc's had moved on, since the old days?

I tried emailing Atheros & they just said the drivers are nothing to do with them & to

contact the card manufacturer/s. Sounds like b.s. to me, how come everyone's drivers follow the

same version numbers?

I would love to know why they're so cr*p! Or is it hardware compatibility? Which is still cr*p.