LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

v1.23

v1.24

v1.25

v1.26

How's that :)

Testing, I'll get back to you on that, thanks!

EDIT: OK, tested them all but didn't see any change. It's a weird problem with the 5009...I just can't seem to get full power out of the card! I'm literally 1.5m away from my router and it only keeps a solid connection with 2 bars (Vista 64) on mode b. So far, the best driver I have used is the v7.7.0.231 v1.26.

Edited by IbbyK

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest manga_blue

Love your work mobilenvidia but I can't find support for the 928X in any of v1.28 packages. It seems to have fallen off the list after v1.24. Any chance of adding the 928X back in?

Love your work mobilenvidia but I can't find support for the 928X in any of v1.28 packages. It seems to have fallen off the list after v1.24. Any chance of adding the 928X back in?

I have a 928x and it is working fine as I write this with modded driver.

not sure what issue you are experiencing.

ATHER.DeviceDesc.002A = "Atheros AR9280/AR9281/AR9283/AR5009/AR5B91/AR5BH92/AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter"

It may not say 928x but it could be any of the above chipsets

Guest manga_blue

OK ... I'm using Windows 7 RC on an Asus n10E. I've got it working now. This morning it refused to load v1.28 over the original Windows 7 build (2.0.0.70?), saying the 928X is not listed in the v1.28 .inf file. I tried all 4 of your versions of the driver package - same result each time.

Eventually I gave up and loaded your 1.24 and this went fine. Your 1.24 does specifically reference the AR928X, as well as AR9280/AR9281/AR9282/etc as using the same drivers.

I just re-tried v1.28 tonight and it worked. I think maybe loading v1.24 created the association between the AR928X and the others: AR9280/AR9281/etc etc. So just now when I tried loading v1.28, which doesn't specifically reference the AR928X, it knew that drivers for AR2980/etc would do. Maybe you wouldn't notice the problem in your testing because the grouping is already there.

Anyway, I'm happy. Hope the info helps you.

ATHER.DeviceDesc.002A

is the part the installer needs to recogise your card, I could call it 'Goats Cheese' and it would still work.

Atheros use quite a few different naming schemes for the 002A Subsys, probably only main difference is radio chips bundled on the card.

Always best especially with Atheros to uninstall old drivers first, had many issues in the past with previous drivers causing issues with new.

8.0.0.177 just arrived to me via Windows Update on Win7x64.

How is it Gaius? Are the winsock problems cleared up and are you getting a full connection as you should be? I'm still having trouble with mine and I've been in contact with the Dell Customer Support. They want me to reseat the atheros card for some reason...

Guest Gaius

How is it Gaius? Are the winsock problems cleared up and are you getting a full connection as you should be? I'm still having trouble with mine and I've been in contact with the Dell Customer Support. They want me to reseat the atheros card for some reason...

No, I still get 3 bars at the same distance that all my other clients get a full connection. Although, my connection has always been stable with the Atheros card.

PLEASE HELP. I accidentally erased the WIFI driver from my ACER ASPIRE 5315, i cant connect to my wireless connection. what do I DO? =(

Acer's webiste normally has a driver for each device.

You can try one of these drivers they work on my Mums Acer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tolwyn

Hi,

I've been reading through this thread for a bit and I'm confused on which driver to download for my situation. I currently have Windows 7 (Build 7600) 32bit on a Sony VGN-P530CH. It uses an Atheros 928X chipset. The currently installed version is 2.0.0.74 with a date of 09/06/2009.

Does anyone know if these modded drivers allow the Atheros to possibly use 802.11n on the 5GHz channel instead of just the 2.4GHz channel?

Many thanks in advance.

Hiya,The latest INFs for Windows 7 x64 are not working. I keep getting an error saying that the driver is either corrupted or unsigned (the latter of which is true of course!). I'm using the Dell 1515 (Atheros 5009 Half mini) in a Dell Studio XPS 13. Is there a fix for this yet?

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem as Guest_guest. On Seven x64 with atheros AR928X, the latest versions of the modded drivers are not working ...

After updating i got this message on device manager: " Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52) "

And the "Wireless Network Connection" is not appearing anymore in the Network Connections Panel.

I have tried this drivers on Vista 32 and they worked great ... :)

Do you know a solution to this problem ?

By the way, good job for the fix :)

Bye

Floy

Guest Brunard

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem as Guest_guest. On Seven x64 with atheros AR928X, the latest versions of the modded drivers are not working ...

After updating i got this message on device manager: " Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52) "

And the "Wireless Network Connection" is not appearing anymore in the Network Connections Panel.

I have tried this drivers on Vista 32 and they worked great ... :)

Do you know a solution to this problem ?

By the way, good job for the fix :)

Bye

Floy

Try v.8.0.0.171_v1.28 ==> No problem with Win7 x64

(Thank you for drivers ...)

Try v.8.0.0.171_v1.28 ==> No problem with Win7 x64

(Thank you for drivers ...)

Thanks for your answer..but

It was this version of drivers that i have tested... Version of Win7 is RTM, not a beta version. Have you tried on this version too ?

Hi,

i have ar928x running on win 7, driver: atheros_v8.0.0.171_v1.28

works fine, lots of possible settings -- great work, thanks

i changed the transmitt power and the network address -- no problem so far.

BUT

when I checked my mac address in the router, it was still the same, absolutly no change!!!

and also the reduced xmit power (12.5%) doesnt lead to a worser SNR (SNR mesured by the router)

So is it possible that the changes I make in the menue dont have any affect to the ar928x?

If yes: How can I change my Network addr under win 7?

many thanks in advance

EZC

Guest richard

hey i'm still having a problem with dell 1515 wireless N mini card. I tried dl-ing all the drivers, and the modded ones but it sitll doesnt work. one of my main concerns is that it recognizes the wifi networks but it doesn't establish a connection with them. I'm scared cause i'm going to college in 3 days and i'm going to be using wifi a lot. its not just my router, i tried it everwhere including starbucks and stables.

HELP POR FA VOR

"The device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system. Insert or reinsert it now."

This is what I got when suddenly my WiFi lost on Windows 7 RTM 7600. My Aspire One AOA150's Wifi lamp also off suddenly and cannot be on eventhough I've reinstall Windows 7 all over again. My wireless using Atheros adapter. I hope someone can fix this. =(

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I have a request to mobilenvidia !!

1st thanks for your work

2nd as u know driver wildpacket are only for x86 system but i have

windows 7 x64 and i want know if u can modifie wildpacket driver to be able to use on x64 system !!!

my hotmail : fileur_@hotmail.fr

thanks and sorry for my english

Hello,

I am new on this site.

Thanks for your great work!

By the way, I am using AR5008X w/ Macbook late 2006.

I am unable to establish 300Mbps connection.(130Mbps only)

There is "Netband" entry on reference driver inf file.

I think Netband entry is the key.

A Japanese guy post following info.

However I was unable to making sense it.

------------

;Enable AR5008 300M

HKR,Ndi\params\NetBand,ParamDesc,0,%wModeSelect%

HKR,Ndi\params\NetBand,Base,0,"10"

HKR,Ndi\params\NetBand,default,0,"49165"

HKR,Ndi\params\NetBand,type,0,"enum"

HKR,Ndi\params\NetBand\enum,"49165",0,%wModeSelect11abgn_20MHz%

HKR,Ndi\params\NetBand\enum,"61453",0,%wModeSelect11abgn_40MHz%

wModeSelect="WirelessMode"

wModeSelect11abgn_20MHz="20MHz"

wModeSelect11abgn_40MHz="20/40MHz"

NetBand

;A Company in Japan

1100000000001101 (49165) 20MHz (130Mbps)

1111000000001101 (61453) 40MHz (300Mbps)

;Reference driver

1111000000001111 (61455) auto

0101000000000001 (20481) 5GHzOnly

1010000000001100 (40972) 2GHzOnly

What shoud I do?

-----------------------

Thanks,

Guest BoardBabe

I have a HP DV-5 laptop using an Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n WiFi Adapter where I am unable to connect to more than 135Mbit using Windows 7. The driver posted above in first post does not work. My card gets an error and can not see any networks. I just get a red X in systray and an exclamation mark in device manager. Anything I can test?

Hello,

I have an EEE PC 1000HE. The wireless-networkcard is an Atheors AR928X. Now I want to install Virtualwifi but the tool doesn't recognize my card because in german it is called "Drahtlosnetzweradapter" instead of something like "wireless-adapter/card".

I tried to install one of the modded drivers here, but Windows 7 says the installed drivers are newer than the modded.

It would be great if someone could provide a modded driver for me that works :-)

Thanks!

Greatings ENF

Hi i have toshiba satellite with Win7x64 and i bought from ebay an AR5008 (PCIVEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_0087106B)

If i boot from linux i can connect to all the wireless nets.

However if i boot in win7 i cannot even see wireless networks. if i run the diagnostics i get that the radio is disabled.

however the switch on the front of the laptop is on/.

What can i do? I ve tried all the drivers!

PS In xp x86 sp3 everything works fine...

Edited by iassael

However if i boot in win7 i cannot even see wireless networks. if i run the diagnostics i get that the radio is disabled.

however the switch on the front of the laptop is on/.

What can i do? I ve tried all the drivers!

Same thing with AR928X and Ubuntu / Vista / Seven.

If I boot on Windows, wifi is ok.

If I boot on Linux, wifi is ok, but if I boot on Windows after Linux, wifi is disabled on windows.

I have to run a diagnostic saying radio disabled blablabla, but I have an option to re-enable it, and then it works.

where can i find this option?

Which drivers do you use?

And which ACU?

Just click on the red mark, a pup-up will appear and, well, I don't have that much options, but repairing is here :)

mini_233232Capture.jpg

Using the default driver, 2.0.0.74, but it will also happen with other drivers.

I'm not using any thrid-party softwares for my wireless management, so no ACU, just the windows thing.