LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

no, i chose the folder manually the folder where the drivers are, and it keeps saying that they are up to date.

if thats not the process what do i have to do to manually update them?

i have the AR928X but it doesnt see my 5ghz wireless N network what can i do to see it?

You particular AR928x may not support Dual band (2.4 and 5Ghz) only 2.4Ghz.

The process you used above is right and it should install the newer version.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest korps

i even tried to force the driver

1 it says that its not signed i continued anyware and it ask for a rebot, rebooted and then it says that the driver is corrupted or not working properly. :S

help!

That can happen with Atheros drivers.

I uninstalled (including ticking the delete files) till the find drivers found no more drivers (can take a few goes)

Then rebooted and then installed the newer driver.

Atheros driver installs can be a VERY hit and miss affair, spent countless hours trying drivers and all the antics that the cards put us through :)

I have installed the latest drivers for vista x64 (sp1), but when I connect to my wireless internet (speedtouch router), i can surf for about 20 sec and then vista stops working. I cant do anything else than reset my pc. Is this a driver conflict, or has this something to do with vista (maybe wrong settings?). The card I use is a Linksys wmp300n-v2.

Does it do the same with non modded driver ?

Does it do the same with non modded driver ?

Yes, its the same, even with the original drivers included whith the product (somthing like v7.3.xxx drivers) I had this bug. Its rather disapointing for a device that costs 90€ that it doesnt have good 64bit drivers, and more important good support.

UPDATE: I have found the solution for my card, after uninstalling all wireless drivers off my system I have installed the Atheros v7.4.2.105 driver, and everything was ok :)

Edited by Lonelobo

Guest Quipacorn

I've searched this thread and have not found anyone with the same issue, I have a Top link TL-WN861N which apparently uses the AR5008 chipset. Currently getting the NMI: Parity Check/Parity Memory error at every boot. I instlaled the latest driver for XP, which upon reboot worked fine for about 10seconds, then it gave me the error again. I've tried tweaking the settings to no avail. Can anyone offer any advice/solutions? The system it's being used in is a Compaq TC1000 Tablet with XP TPCE 2005, SP3

Guest yogibear

Hi. I have the SparkLAN W110N fitted in a Vaio vgn-n11m running XP sp2.

I installed the driver version 7.6.1.184 and all appeared to be working fine. The only problem is i cannot get a connection speed above 130mbps.

I am connected to an apple time capsule ( 1TB 802.11n ) locked into 5ghz and have set the atheros to 5ghz in the advanced settings but still ony 130mbps.

On the odd occasion when i reset the radio and the card re-connects it will show a connection of 300mbps but only for a couple of seconds, it then disconnects and then reconnects at 130mbps again.

Thanks for any help

Hi. I have the SparkLAN W110N fitted in a Vaio vgn-n11m running XP sp2.

I installed the driver version 7.6.1.184 and all appeared to be working fine. The only problem is i cannot get a connection speed above 130mbps.

I am connected to an apple time capsule ( 1TB 802.11n ) locked into 5ghz and have set the atheros to 5ghz in the advanced settings but still ony 130mbps.

On the odd occasion when i reset the radio and the card re-connects it will show a connection of 300mbps but only for a couple of seconds, it then disconnects and then reconnects at 130mbps again.

Thanks for any help

Check your router is broadcasting in 40Mhz channel width, 20Mhz = 130Mbps, 40Mhz = 300Mbps

Also make sure your main channel if using 2.4Ghz is either 1, 6 or 11 as these are the only non over lapping ones.

Guest yogibear

Definately on 5ghz.... Got other devices that will only connect when set to 2.4ghz.

There is no channel selection in 5ghz mode just auto on the time capsule.

Incidentely i have another vaio that is dual band 802.11n and that one will only connect to the time capsule at max of 150mbps. I do beleive that is connecting at 5ghz on 802.11g to get that speed.

Do you know of any successful connections at 300mbps using the WPEA-110N or a solution to my problem with the apple tc

Cheers

Do you know of any successful connections at 300mbps using the WPEA-110N or a solution to my problem with the apple tc

Cheers

I think there were very recent apple airport updates to the wireless time capsule that address this. Is your TC up to date?

Definately on 5ghz.... Got other devices that will only connect when set to 2.4ghz.

There is no channel selection in 5ghz mode just auto on the time capsule.

Incidentely i have another vaio that is dual band 802.11n and that one will only connect to the time capsule at max of 150mbps. I do beleive that is connecting at 5ghz on 802.11g to get that speed.

Cheers

My WPEA-110N connect to my Dlink DIR-655 @ 300Mbps

Not many routers broad cast 11n in 5Ghz

With the latest INF replacement, the Wireless Radio has stopped working. Had to go back to v1.19 :)

I'll play around and see if I can figure out why this is happening..

EDIT: Ok, tried changing stuff but nothing made a difference, the Radio just fails to work and I cannot join 'any' network at all.

My card is a 'D-Link DWA-547 RangeBooster N650 Desktop Adapter' just FYI.

Edited by Pawel

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to thank you for the awesome driver. I had the NMI parity error, which was preventing me from running Vista for the longest time. This driver has worked flawlessly since i discovered it. I have the Gigabye GN-WI06N mini-PCIe card which I used to replace my Intel 3945ABG card.

I'm now running the Windows 7 Beta, and again using the same driver (I was having connection loss issues without it) and will be sure to mention any tricky problems I notice (if there are any, so far it's working great!).

Again, Thank you.

Edited by haabingaa

• 3 weeks later...

I used it with 7.6.1.111 with good results.

Added v7.6.1.184 v1.22 to try and fix the pre 11n cards not behaving properly

Added v1.23 for both XP and Vista

Hey, I'm new on this site and this is my first post. I've been having a problem with my Atheros card (AR928X) because it's always quite weak at receiving signals, I was using the drivers from the other pinned thread, then I switched to the modded drivers here (I'm guessing the other drivers at http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=14833 aren't modded?). Version 7.6.1.162 to be precise and suddenly I was getting 4-5 bars of signal strength from my previous 1-2. My router is a WRT54G v7 and I don't think that is the problem because the other computers (using intel wireless cards) can get a very good signal and they are farther away than this laptop (which isn't even very far, I'd say about 20 meters from router).

Anyway I've updated to the 7.6.1.204 in this thread and suddenly my signal strength has gone back down to 1-2 bars. Before I downgrade again, is there some setting that I can change to make it 4-5 bars again? I have not touched any settings in any driver installation, it just seems like the previous 7.6.1.162 version works a lot better, at least without any setting adjustment.

Your issue looks to be driver related, I have also noticed the modded INF will give better coverage.

First noticed it at a friends place where about 10m away from router refused to connect due to poor signal.

Installed modded INF and 5 bars.

I've tried to enable everything in the modded INFs (all are basically the same setting wise)

If a particular driver works then stick with it till a better one comes along.

I had good success with 7.6.1.111

I now use the Ralink based card, which is much more stable.

Do you mean the 7.6.1.111 in the other thread? Because there isn't a download link for one in this thread.

Also, does the other thread (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=14833) have a modded inf as well? Because I was under the impression that it was a generic driver from Atheros because windows could update it via windows update, and it had a WHQL digital signature while these ones don't, and probably can't autoupdate.

Yes 7.6.1.111 is in the other thread, but I can make my self a modded INF at anytime.

You can just grab the modded INF and put it in any driver (replacing original) driver version will be reported wrong in Device manager but the actual driver will what ever you install