LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP Laptop drivers

mr. anon

Hi, I'm new here and would like to say hello to everyone before I start picking your brains:

Hello!!

Basically I have a HP Pavilion laptop with an MCP67M NVidia 64Mb card. I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit. The installed drivers are 101.29 which are the ones that came installed on the system when I bought it.

Now the problem, I would like to play a game but have found that the frame rate is quite slow, too slow for the game to be enjoyable anyway. I suspect that the drivers need to be updated but when I looked at the NVidia website and did the scan it told me that I can only get updates from HP. So I went to HP website and the drivers that were available are not the newest ones available. (They were dated Jan 2007).

I would like to download and install the 156.65 drivers as I believe these are the latest for my card. I have followed the advice from you good people in the messages underneath the download such as:

*For those with HP notebooks, use the nvwh.inf file inside the "original_inf(s).zip"

*To add on to this for HP users, delete the nvlt.inf and nvlt.cat in the folder, so you only have nvwh.inf and nvwh.cat

Unfortunately I either messed up or did something wrong because I still get an error message saying that I don't have suitable drivers or blah blah blah.

Can I be a pain and ask someone to give me a step-by-step-even-idiots-can't-fail-to-do-it-guide please?

...........Just to add, I have read and followed to the letter the "how to install step by step guide" but ended up with a blue screen and had to use the repair function.

If anyone out there who has the same spec, pc or just the knowledge can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mr. anon