LaptopVideo2Go Forums

BF2142Pace.exe has stopped working

Guest Aggressor Prime

Guest Aggressor Prime

I have been having a problem with Battlefield 2142 ever since I got my Dell Inspiron 1720. It came with Vista Home Premium x86 but I have since then upgraded to Vista Ultimate x86. The notebook features the Geforce 8600M GT GPU which I believe to be the root of the problem. I can only get drivers from Dell or here since nVidia does not provide them. 101.43 are the latest drivers for my specific notebook, although I found that the XPS M1730 156.61 drivers also work with my notebook and allow me to play BioShock. I have tried a large portion of this website's drivers including 169.69, although the problem I recieve remains the same. I have gone through EA support, nVidia support, and Dell support. None of them could help me. Below is a link to the nVidia thread I posted for this problem. Considering it has been with me during most of this long trial, it should contain almost all the information you will need to have to understand the amount of testing and trials I have done. Nothing works as of yet. Also, as of right now I am fully up to date with Vista updates including hotfixes that require digging and ones that are requested by nVidia to fix any compatiblity/reliability/stability problems.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=42860

That looks like a DirectX problem, not a video card issue... Is there a way to reinstall DX10?

After looking at the other thread, I just think it's a problem with DX10 itself... I can't think of anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried reinstalling DX along with earlier versions, doesn't work.

One question.... What is your refresh rate? 59Hz? If so, we both have a problem. I can´t play it either. "BF2142.exe stopped working"... This game runs minimal on 60Hz and i don´t get how should i change my RR because i´m stuck on 59Hz and i can´t change it to another.