LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v156.66 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA, LENOVO, HP, COMPAQ, TOSHiBA

®®®

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

debaucher please goto http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15435. I explain the cause and a solution to that problem, but to keep it short since you pretty much got the same lappie as me. Use the nv_disp.inf file and copy and paste the resolution setting from the original inf, the part that starts with HKR in the nv_disp.inf since it contains the wrong resolutions for your 16:10 display. Use that inf and delete the original inf after you copy its resolution settings. That should fix all your problems and this works with the 163.xx as well.

Leo, thanks for the reply.

This driver seems to use a 'nvlt.inf' inf (not a nv_disp.inf) so I took the information from the original nv_disp.inf (which contained the 2500M information) and put it into the nvlt.inf.

The reinstall went fine but now it never leaves 3D performance mode (ie.. no powermizer).

First, I tried mobilenvidia's "fix" on the modded nvlt.inf but it doesn't work with this driver or my system.

The screen corruption only happens when the driver goes to 2D mode (ie.. 3D performance and 3D low power work fine)

This is really annoying as I was hoping to finally have full 'mobile' support.... ie... vid card speed and voltage switching etc... but no go so far.

If I am doing anything wrong or if I need to try something else, please let me know.

TIA

D.

EDIT

OK, got it fixed.

Mobilenvidia posted it on the front page, but here is a link to the thread with more information

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15455

D.

Edited by debaucher

i was wondering if anyone has got these drivers working in toshiba qosmio G40 as when i install these drivers i loose my HDDVD playback. I have only got one driver to work off this site and it is the 158.16

• 2 weeks later...

use the original INFs (that supports your DEV_ID) found in the original_INFs.zip inside the driver archive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I own a HP dv9575ep!

I say that this driver's original inf supports my graphic cards (8600M GS) and one of the releasers was HP! Apart from letting me install the driver, what does this mean?

Where the drivers released by HP for my laptop?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm trying to find out wich drivers to chose from...

Thanks for your help!

I have a go 7600 gt I used the inf with my graphics card listed. and it reports an error about my platform?

I am running vista but it seems the inf is not compatible...I reboot...alot of nv errors..and video card driver is def not installed properly.

I would prefer not to use the modded inf if one of the originals has my card supported.

any help??

-tj

oh yeah and which of these 156 series would be best for me. they all seem to natively support the go7600gt.

Ive used 156.73 and it worked okay. I thought I read this one supported powermizer? Do any of the 156 series

drivers have powermizer or any other useful options compared to the others. I know 156.73 did not.

Edited by mrfresh

Hi!

my pc is:

HP Pavilion dv6358eu Notebook PC

● Genuine Windows Vista? Home Premium

● AMD Turion? 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56

● 1024 MB (2 x 512 MB)

● 160 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm

● 15.4? WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen

● NVIDIA® GeForce? Go 7200

● Up to 256 MB of TurboCache? video Memory

So i should use original inf's when installing this driver? and why? sorry bout noob question

Thanks.

-Swar

I use my HP Pavilion 6500 laptop almost exclusively for playing HD rips. I have found these drivers to be the best I have found for HDMI output at 720p providing smooth playback, resize desktop options and works with dual screen (not clone screen but seperate).

The bugs I have found include:

1. If I de maximise windows media center more than a couple of times then it starts exhibiting the screen blanking symptoms other people have notices in previous versions.

2. The first time I ran with these drivers I didnt even see the resize desktop option. Now I do!

All in all in order of features and stability these are the best for me. They have the features of the 160 drivers with the stability (almost) of the 100 series drivers.

This is so frustrating, maybe someone has an idea of how to fix this.

Every driver EXCEPT 163.44 gives me this weird choppy lag with Window Animation when I have Windows Aero on. Like imagine Animation is on, and you open Internet Explorer and it the window opens, the animation is choppy. However, with the 163.44, it's smoooth as hell and NEVER gets choppy, the other drivers I've used (156.65, 156.66, 163.71, 163.69, etc) they all have the choppy animation.

It has to be some kind of Windows bug, but does anyone have ANY idea on how to fix this? I'd be soooo appreciative, thanks guys

I have the same problem, though with the ASUS drivers everything is fine, though the games I wanna play don't work... Any ideas?