LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.76 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA, TimeShift

mobilenvidia

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I have the same problem with my 6800U (Dell XPS Gen 2). To make things worse, my laptop shuts down when I run graphics demanding apps (e.g., 3DMark06 or games). When I start it up again, it says that it had to shut down because of high temperature for protection. I'm not overclocking anything.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uncajesse

• ATI ---> Nvidia SLI

• d6x

• aldeco

OM, you probably don't (or never have) used compressed air to blow out your heatsinks, i bet.... and maybe combined with bad ventilation habits in the first place. it's a possability.

Just downloaded prostreet, and will test out these drivers.

Currently running the 94.23s from alienware - man, they suck for the M9700! (I guess there is a reason why it's meant to be M9750 only...)

Anyhow, i'll report back with my findings.

update:

Ok, I can't even run prostreet any more. As soon as the game launches and goes past the videos into the actual menu, the game crashes with the error report...

Weird...maybe it's an EA problem...going back to older drivers for the time being, i'll wait for the full game to come out to test em out.

Edited by Redeemer

These are the best drivers for my Inspiron 1720 w/ 8600M GT. I can finally play and raid in WoW. 163.76. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

Just bought a new laptop thought it was going to have a 8600 graphics card but turns out it as a 9500 does anyone know were I can get some drivers :) as I don't see any here :) (

thanks Alan

Just bought a new laptop thought it was going to have a 8600 graphics card but turns out it as a 9500 does anyone know were I can get some drivers :) as I don't see any here :P (

thanks Alan

Head on over to the 167 section the very latest ones will be the ones for you to try.

You will most likely need a modded INF to be able to use your very nice and shiny new GPU :)

Head on over to the 167 section the very latest ones will be the ones for you to try.

You will most likely need a modded INF to be able to use your very nice and shiny new GPU :)

thanks heaps i'll have a look now :)

I have had mylaptop now for 5 days and still can not find any drivers for my Nvidia Geforce 9500m Gs if anyone can give me a link to were one is or please make one I would be most greatful thanks so much :)

Alan

Checked the latest modded INF, 173.65 Vista 32 - at least it's there:

NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0405.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 9500M GS

...as a matter of fact, it's in many older INFs, too.

• 2 weeks later...