LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v163.75 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

You can search for the key "EnableBrightnessControl" in Windows registry.

If there are any try to set there values to 2 or delete them, then reboot

Edited by Black Cat

Hi,

thanks a lot for helping again.

There is no "EnableBrightnessControl" in windows registries. Please, Where should I create this entry??

I mean, In which branch should i insert this entry?

thanks in advance,

Roger

Found it on at least four different places in my registry.

I thought it should work without this key, apparently not :)

you can try the trick of REDFOX here

The codes for your card (Go 7400) are

[NVIDIA.Mfg]
%NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1% = nv4_mobile,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab] PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D8

[Strings]
; Localizable Strings
NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400"

You will find several sections to add here :)

Edited by Black Cat

i just tried this drive with my geforce 6800go and it seems ok so far..played a lilttle further with crysis without crashing or getting stuck...

BUT there were some vertical lines when my pc booted up but than quickly vanished...now it seems ok but i have a feeling it might do it again...

gonna see how it goes..

cheers

Hi Black Cat,

thanks a lot for helping :)

I'm going to test your suggestion and post here the results as soon as I can.

I'm trying to understand what those lines means...

Therefore, May you help me with the questions bellow??

1)Why have you replaced nv4_NV3x for nv4_mobile??

REDFOX solution:

[NVIDIA.Mfg]
%NVIDIA_G73.DEV_0398.1% = nv4_NV3x, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0398

Your solution:

[NVIDIA.Mfg]
%NVIDIA_G72.DEV_01D8.1% = nv4_mobile,[tab][/tab][tab][/tab][tab][/tab] PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D8

2)Should I include all the options suggested on this link??Modded inf options

3)Why should I install Sony drivers first before installing original nvidia drivers??

4)Should I try to install normal nforce drivers, or nforce divers for GeForce Go series?

5)What is the relation between all of those updates and the nvcplUIR.dll file?

thanks in advance,

Roger

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

I just installed these and rebooted.

F(&^*** great !

My mouse moves for 5 seconds and then stops, the thing completely stops working. I get a small black vetical bar in the top left corner also.

Any help? I really do not want to wipe 80GB worth of s*** just to fix this.

1)Why have you replaced nv4_NV3x for nv4_mobile??

2)Should I include all the options suggested on this link??Modded inf options

3)Why should I install Sony drivers first before installing original nvidia drivers??

4)Should I try to install normal nforce drivers, or nforce divers for GeForce Go series?

5)What is the relation between all of those updates and the nvcplUIR.dll file?

1) It's just a naming change. You can name it whatever you want, but then if you refer to this the new needs to be used.

2)You can. But it will probably confuse you. More sources of INF tweaks mean more possibilities of errors. Also NGO use mostly the code they found here... and they still haven't stopped the bad habit of not giving credit, by just copy and pasting from Pieter's INF and removing all traces which refer to LV2Go. The obvious result of removing the original author's name is that the masses believe it's their work :)

3)?

4)nForce driver are NVIDIA chipset drivers, not graphic card drivers.

5)nvcpluir.dll is -like the name says- a resource library for the nv control panel user interface.

• 1 month later...
1) It's just a naming change. You can name it whatever you want, but then if you refer to this the new needs to be used.

2)You can. But it will probably confuse you. More sources of INF tweaks mean more possibilities of errors. Also NGO use mostly the code they found here... and they still haven't stopped the bad habit of not giving credit, by just copy and pasting from Pieter's INF and removing all traces which refer to LV2Go. The obvious result of removing the original author's name is that the masses believe it's their work :)

3)?

4)nForce driver are NVIDIA chipset drivers, not graphic card drivers.

5)nvcpluir.dll is -like the name says- a resource library for the nv control panel user interface.

Hi,

thanks a lot for helping...

I think I wasn't myself clear on questions 3) and 4)...

RedFox's solution steps describes that I should install the original Sony drivers, and uninstall it before starting to install the new drivers.

Do you know why should I do that?

Another think, finally the brightness control worked with your suggestions, but I'm experiencing a weird problem when coming back from Hibernate mode...

So I've tried the both solutions described bellow:

1)Add the following code on modded inf file:

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,				   %REG_DWORD%,	2

This solution leads me to blank screen when coming back from Hibernate mode.

I mean, When I come back from Hibernate mode, then the display is dark (I've tried to adjust brightness control but It didn't work)

2)Add the following code on modded inf file:

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
HKR,, MapOSD3ToNV,				   %REG_DWORD%,	3

This solution leads me to blue screen (BSOD) when coming back from Hibernate mode.

I mean, When I come back from Hibernate mode, then It leads me to windows blue screen and reboots my notebook.

Please, Does somebody know what could be this problem root cause?

thanks in advance,

Roger

• 1 month later...
Guest phineus

Dear Team

Many many thanks for your contribution. Tried all my simple workarounds with no result. Finding you and the method was devastating ! I am a newbie to the notebook field and despite the cash up front for a desktop replacement the experience of trying to manage my Asus G2S on Vista and now XP has been just as exasperating as the old days. You guys serve up a treat. Fantastic !

Tom

Just installed these drivers with the modified INF on a Dell M1210 with 7400 GO with no problems at all. Going by simple World in Conflict benchmark, it raised the performance from previous 8x. drivers by 15%

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anurag

hi i tried all drivers (most) but i find this one best as the games run smoother and found no other issues . With the latest drivers of 167 range also i could not get the smooth touch lol. i play CS at 60 fps at highest resolution.

win xp dv6500t

nvidia 8400 gs

this forum rocks!