LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Go 7950GTX Driver help

Gvirus003mx

I have a XPS M1710 running XP Pro with a NVidia Geforce Go 7950GTX graphics card, and the only drivers that work without any problems are the standard ones offered from Dell's website.

I've tried using some of the modded INF drivers from this website, which, while they installed fine, had some serious issues in games. Example: Bioshock became an unplayable mess running at about 4 fps (previously around 25 average on high settings) with artifacts and glitching all over the screen, and the Crysis MP Beta was even worse... walls were all see through and models didn't load correctly. It's hard to explain how disgusting it was.

So now I've reverted back to the original drivers, but they are really old and suck pretty badly. Anyone else have this issue and/or a good set of WORKING drivers?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: 7900 GTX drivers, thus far, have NOT worked with my card. Just to clarify =(.

Edited by Gvirus003mx

Guest MisterGasman
I have a XPS M1710 running XP Pro with a NVidia Geforce Go 7950GTX graphics card, and the only drivers that work without any problems are the standard ones offered from Dell's website.

I've tried using some of the modded INF drivers from this website, which, while they installed fine, had some serious issues in games. Example: Bioshock became an unplayable mess running at about 4 fps (previously around 25 average on high settings) with artifacts and glitching all over the screen, and the Crysis MP Beta was even worse... walls were all see through and models didn't load correctly. It's hard to explain how disgusting it was.

So now I've reverted back to the original drivers, but they are really old and suck pretty badly. Anyone else have this issue and/or a good set of WORKING drivers?

Thanks in advance

i also have an XPS but my GPU is 7900GTX. I installed the latest driver (.175), downloaded the modified inf and installed, all works fine. Dunno about xp (latest driver is .176)

I have an XPS M1710 7950GTX.

My previous driver of choice was 158.18, since buying Bioshock I have upgraded to 163.44 and all works OK so far.

I had to download a DX9 Dll file though.

The frames are still a little choppy in parts I just need to refine the level of detail.

I have an XPS M1710 7950GTX.

My previous driver of choice was 158.18, since buying Bioshock I have upgraded to 163.44 and all works OK so far.

I had to download a DX9 Dll file though.

The frames are still a little choppy in parts I just need to refine the level of detail.

What operating system are you using? I'm using XP Pro.