LaptopVideo2Go Forums

XPS M1710 - Issues with newer games (VMem not being dumped)

Guest Soljia

Dell XPS M1710

Geforce Go 7050GTX 512MB

2048MB RAM

With new games such as Crysis (beta), and Timeshift it seem that they do not dump old texture and what not. I think this because when I get so far in a game, it starts to lag. BUT, if i minimize and come back in...it's fine again. So, I've tried multiple drivers to fix this....some drivers gave me blue screen. So far it's been a failure... anyone have any ideas?

Guest Heisenko

I got the same problem than you, the best thing you can do is contact dell and say what is happening they are the only one's who can solve the problem, i've tried alot of drivers, bios, .inf's and nothing, all has been useless, so please contact them in order to put it to work to people like you and me

Guest Anthony

I speak about DELL XPS M1710 with GEFORCE GO 7950GTX running on WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM

After testing lot of drivers and the next from NVIDIA with INF of this site, there is some bugs.

I have find a solution:

You must go in the control panel and uninstall NVIDIA DRIVERS

the laptop reboot and when it arrives in windows it ask if it can go on the net to install the 7950 gtx drivers

you accept and it installs the good driver and reboot (101.19 like same of DELL Drivers but of MICROSOFT site !!!

Now i haven't no bugs, and with T7200 CPU i have 5167 points on 3DMARK06, and the CALL OF DUTY 4 demo runs very well on HIGHEST settings in 1280x1024

I can't test CRYSIS because i'm a french and i wait for the demo.

You've tried 163.75 for Vista or 163.76 for XP ?

These work fine for me (go7900GS admittedly) with TimeShift.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same here.

XPS M1710 T7400 Go 7950 GTX, tried a lot of drivers, updates, even downgraded from vista on XP.

Nothig helped. Gears of War for example runs on 1440x900 all settings on max gr8, after 5-7 minutes starts laging, fps falls on avarage 10fps a game became unplayable. If anyone found any solution on this problem I'll much appreciate it.

Thx.

Guest sappyjay
Same here.

XPS M1710 T7400 Go 7950 GTX, tried a lot of drivers, updates, even downgraded from vista on XP.

Nothig helped. Gears of War for example runs on 1440x900 all settings on max gr8, after 5-7 minutes starts laging, fps falls on avarage 10fps a game became unplayable. If anyone found any solution on this problem I'll much appreciate it.

Thx.

Are you experiencing heat problems after that time and then it laggs?

I have an XPS M1710 with Vista 32 and Geforce Go 7950 GTX, when i use new drivers from laptopvideo2go or guru 3d they cause my black edges around my screen depending on what res i'm in the increase or decrease. The only time the screen is full is in the highest res 1920 * 1200 any lower in any program or game and the black edges come back??? Any body else have that problem?

Are you experiencing heat problems after that time and then it laggs?

I have an XPS M1710 with Vista 32 and Geforce Go 7950 GTX, when i use new drivers from laptopvideo2go or guru 3d they cause my black edges around my screen depending on what res i'm in the increase or decrease. The only time the screen is full is in the highest res 1920 * 1200 any lower in any program or game and the black edges come back??? Any body else have that problem?

Yes, overheating as well, but 169.04 solved this issue. I've already sent an email directly 2 dell and described my problem and hope they will contact me with some help-advice.

Never experianced black edges tho, corrupted textures sometimes, but that was a driver problem, which solved simple upgrade or downgrade of drivers.

• 4 months later...
Guest Spectar

I have Dell XPS M1710 with Windows XP, and I experience overheating (Badly) as well as horrible frame lag in game, with an added annoyance of having my mouse invisible unless i move it. It's extremely frustrating, and the only way I have solved the mouse bug is by windowing games. This only works with WoW, so if i want to play other games, it's just too laggy/no mouse visible. I have tried upatin my graphics driver, but this hasn't worked.

Guest Spectar
I have Dell XPS M1710 with Windows XP, and I experience overheating (Badly) as well as horrible frame lag in game, with an added annoyance of having my mouse invisible unless i move it. It's extremely frustrating, and the only way I have solved the mouse bug is by windowing games. This only works with WoW, so if i want to play other games, it's just too laggy/no mouse visible. I have tried upatin my graphics driver, but this hasn't worked.

Oh I do have the same Ge Force 7 as you all do as well ^^