LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help, Alienware 51M bios update

Lik

i bought a second hand alienware 51m should be 766 not sure

this laptop just run crazy last time i accidentally installed 2 windows n the laptop just can't even access to bios

n heaps problem

so i plan to find a uptodate bios n hopefully this can solve my laptop

but i can't download the bios update below?

it read server unfinded something like that

so who knows where to find the most recent bios of this model?

thanks!

DOWNLOAD BIOS v1.21 for Area 51 -M 766

* released 11-MAY-2005

* includes a PDF file with BIOS update instructions and an .ISO file to burn

* Note: This bios upgrade also updates the video card bios ( Nvidia go5700 ) to 4.36.20.44.09

* Changelog

N/A

• 5 weeks later...

hey there, everyone keeps posting the dowload for the 7700...but im guessin they are not the same.... does anyone have the bios i can download for a area-51 5500/766.... i am the second owner and dont have the password to access the downloads that i need from alienware..

thanks

jmeti000

• 3 years later...
Guest AZesmSERAFIM

hey there, everyone keeps posting the dowload for the 7700...but im guessin they are not the same.... does anyone have the bios i can download for a area-51 5500/766.... i am the second owner and dont have the password to access the downloads that i need from alienware..

thanks

jmeti000

Yes..any body Know a difference between area 51m , area 51m 766 , and area 51m 7700 ..., to me they look the same.., but how can we know what kind a bios should we use?..

ps: was looking for answer last couple days.., i just have to reflash bios..it's keeping me crazy.., my laptop just won't go back from safe mode.., and sometimes don't wona turn on..but when it's on works fine.., please help me resolve it.

thank you.