LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus F3S Series - 8600M GS

Intrus

Hi all,

I just got the "ASUS F3 Series F3SV-X1" and i'm loving it, but like many other out there the "Geforce 8600M GS 256MB" is not

Helping with gaming the way it should be.

I wan't all users of the "ASUS F3 Series" (if any besides me lol) to discuss here what their Benchmarking scores and performance settings were.

I want others that have the same card as me (Geforce 8600M GS) to also discuss what their "core speed/memory clock" is/was by default and how high were they able to go with their overclocking.

Lets also talk about what drivers were use in the overclocking process and on what Operating System (i'm Running Vista x86 Ultimate).

:)

-Intrus

Hi all,

I just got the "ASUS F3 Series F3SV-X1" and i'm loving it, but like many other out there the "Geforce 8600M GS 256MB" is not

Helping with gaming the way it should be.

I wan't all users of the "ASUS F3 Series" (if any besides me lol) to discuss here what their Benchmarking scores and performance settings were.

I want others that have the same card as me (Geforce 8600M GS) to also discuss what their "core speed/memory clock" is/was by default and how high were they able to go with their overclocking.

Lets also talk about what drivers were use in the overclocking process and on what Operating System (i'm Running Vista x86 Ultimate).

:)

-Intrus

Benq S41 8600M GS 540/700 -> 675/748 (rivatuner 2.05) using 158.45 at Vista Home Premium (x86) :)

How did u overclock?? i cant overclock my laptop... and your graphics card is clocked higher than mine on stock. Mine is clocked at 500/400.

How did u overclock?? i cant overclock my laptop... and your graphics card is clocked higher than mine on stock. Mine is clocked at 500/400.

"How"? Moved slider in rivatuner and pressed Apply. Make sure you have good drivers and latest rivatuner. 500/400 means you have ddr2 memory, mine is gddr3. My core was clocked slightly higher (+40Mhz) but it is still less then maximum, specified by nvidia (600Mhz). You likely can overclock to something like 650/500.

Benq S41 8600M GS 540/700 -> 675/748 (rivatuner 2.05) using 158.45 at Vista Home Premium (x86) :P

Nice, i don't understand why Asus did this :) . Me like many others bought this very nice laptop knowing that it came with a sweet Geforce 8600M GS and i looked up the vid card on nvidia as well and even read reviews on newegg.com (where i purchased the laptop from) and they all stated great performance.

Check this out, i did couple tests the other day (spend most of day playing with 3dmark 06), i kept tweaking settings here and there to try and get good results.

3D Mark 1

-------------

Aero

DreamEffects

No-Overclock

GPU Speeds: 500/400

BenchMark = 2342

3D Mark 2

-------------

Aero

Overclocked: 520/420

BenchMark = 2393

3D Mark 3

-------------

Aero

Overclocked: 540/510

BenchMark = 2724

3D Mark 4

-------------

Aero

Overclocked: 533/509

BenchMark = 2727

3D Mark 5

-------------

Aero

Overclocked: 535/505

BenchMark = 2729

3D Mark 6

--------------

Aero

Overclocked: 590/550

BenchMark: 2936

3D Mark 7 (obviously best results, but unstable performance..)

---------------

Aero

Overclocked: 590/540

BenchMark = 2959

On the "3D Mark 7" i plaed game and after 1 hour it frooze and i got blue screen... Never happend with normal clock :)

Also tried overclocking to max of 650/550 with riva tuner.. Worked and i ran the "DirectX 10 version of Lost Planet" got average 15 fps on their performance test on med settings and high resolution.

- Intrus