LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v167.26 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

31 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I have installed this new driver. I have a Nvidia 8400M GT for a sony vaio. I want to inclrease my 1200 X 800 resolution to 19XX X XXXX. Is it not possible with this mod? I didn't see the resolution after the install? Pleeeaase help!

Jag

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anchel

• mobilenvidia

• RooL

• figo-deluxe

Does your LCD support 1920x1200 ?

Me thinks your screen is a 1280x800 like 75% of all laptops made today

Jag, Sony Vaio's laptops only support up to 1280 x 800. It doesn't depend on the graphics card, but on the screen.

Why would you want an even higher resolution anyway? Vaio laptop's screens already have a clean, nice look as they are!

I've been having some problems in Team Fortress 2 with these drivers; performance has gone up a bit but some textures are blinking when I get close to them (all of these are textures of objects that can move, like doors).

Can anyone else who has TF2 see if he/she has the same problems..?

Anybody else has the blue screen problem when getting the laptop back from suspension?

I use suspension mode A LOT and I really can't go on without it, so until this problem gets fixed I'm gonna have to stick with the drivers that came with my laptop (dated back to May). Every other driver slows down my Aero performance by an awful lot (windows take longer to minimize, Flip 3D doesn't work smoothly...

Somehow these 167.26 drivers have been the only ones that really improve my system performance from the ones that came with the laptop. But they crash on me when I turn on the laptop back from suspension and that's a no-go for me.

I've been having some problems in Team Fortress 2 with these drivers; performance has gone up a bit but some textures are blinking when I get close to them (all of these are textures of objects that can move, like doors).

I confirm texture shimmering on certain textures in Team Fortress 2. Also, lots of graphics card driver has crashed messages while running TF2.. it keeps crashing.

Me too on Half-Life 2 episode two!!! :) :)

Powermizer works for me on Asus V1S with 8600M GT and is even configurable with Asus Power4Gear (High Performance, Entertainment, Quiet Office, Battery Saving)!

Thanks a lot!

Guest mikaelbondum@gmail.com

Hey you all

I have:

LG E500-SP16V

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® VistaTM Home Premium (Eng/Swe/Fin/Dan/Nor)

Processor: Intel® Core?2 Duo Processor T7100 (1.8GHz/2M/FSB800)

Chipset: Intel 965PM + ICH8M

Memory: 2GB(1,024MBx2) DDR II (667MHz, Dual Channel Support, Up to 4GB)

Display: LCD 15.4˝ Fine Bright(Glare) WXGA(1280 x 800)

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 8400M G w/128MB (up to 383MB TurboCache)

When i load FIFA 08-game in single player i goes slowmotion.

I tried with your driver. It doesn't work, it says: the driver has experienced that you havent a 32-mbit Vista"

but i DO HAVE a 32 mbit. can anybody help me?

playing back blu ray/hd dvd discs in powerdvd gives me an incompatable graphics driver error. been gettin that with quite a few of the newer releases. using the latest pdvd ultra 7.3 3304 build. any ideas...

Does your LCD support 1920x1200 ?

Me thinks your screen is a 1280x800 like 75% of all laptops made today

Yes, it is 1280 X 800. Is there any way to go to a higher resolution? I thought it may be possible from reading remarks from this website.

Jag

Hey you all

I have:

LG E500-SP16V

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® VistaTM Home Premium (Eng/Swe/Fin/Dan/Nor)

Processor: Intel® Core?2 Duo Processor T7100 (1.8GHz/2M/FSB800)

Chipset: Intel 965PM + ICH8M

Memory: 2GB(1,024MBx2) DDR II (667MHz, Dual Channel Support, Up to 4GB)

Display: LCD 15.4˝ Fine Bright(Glare) WXGA(1280 x 800)

Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForceTM Go 8400M G w/128MB (up to 383MB TurboCache)

When i load FIFA 08-game in single player i goes slowmotion.

I tried with your driver. It doesn't work, it says: the driver has experienced that you havent a 32-mbit Vista"

but i DO HAVE a 32 mbit. can anybody help me?

Did you replace the nv_disp.inf by the modded file before install ? (cf top of the first page)

Jag, Sony Vaio's laptops only support up to 1280 x 800. It doesn't depend on the graphics card, but on the screen.

Why would you want an even higher resolution anyway? Vaio laptop's screens already have a clean, nice look as they are!

: ( .... I just wanted more real estate on my screen.

The only way you can get a higher resolution is if you connect an external screen to your laptop that has a resolution of 1920x1200. You can't surpass your laptop's native resolution.

Anyway, these drivers almost seem to good to be true, except for the fact than that you lose your sleep state...which is quite annoying since I use that quite often.

Guest icecubez189

do the 156.10 drivers feature PowerMizer? I can't find it on the nvidia control panel so I'm guessing my drivers aren't forceware?

just one more questions about PowerMizer: How does it work in helping you save more power? I thought the gpu's don't use that much power and clock down already when not in demanding use (could be wrong).

hope the bugs are fixed in 167.26, it seems to give people very nice performance gains and the ability to overclock.

Running these drivers now.

Horrible performance in Windows itself and in-game. Anything Source engine gives me terrible shadows and Episode Two especially runs like complete crap. This is even after a reinstall.

GOOD ONE, OVERCLOCKABLE, EXCEPT IT DOES NOT WAKE UP PROPERLY AFTER SLEEP, RESTARTS AND.. - DRIVER ERROR REPORTED!

try the 156.xx series

they all come with native support for 8xxxM GPUs

I also increase my score at 3DMark 2006 from 5750 to 5850 !

Really good driver

Yea these drivers are really good. Nice overclocking too. Got my 3dmark06 score from 3205 to 3767. Except, yes I too am experiencing the flickering doors, etc on team fortress 2. Kind of annoying but doesn't affect gameplay at all

I also have a Toshiba x200-20s (UK version of x205) but cannot get the drivers to work. if i install them as they are the laptop upon restarting enters into blue screen and does not work. When i edit one of the lines, specifically i remove the ";" on line ";HKR,, ModesetBlankDelay, %REG_DWORD%, 1", the laptop starts i did the overclocking and everything slows down to a crawl. On UT3 i get 35 to 40 fps with 163.71 new drivers less than 10fps! and that is universal to all the games i have. can anyone help is it an installation problem or something else? any help would be greatly appreciated. (P.S.i used riva 2.05 to do overclocking). As a final note after performance went down i restarted the laptop and lo and behold blue screen again!

UPDATE: i tried them again today using the setup file in the driver folder and after the blue screen my laptop started behaving extremely erratically making weird sounds and keyboard not working had to restart about four times just to get out of the initial screen. To the author of the drivers would you please take a look at your inf and see if there is anything amiss? By the way everytime i open the inf it comes up as version INF 3.232 and not the INF 3.232a is anything i am missing? Thanks a lot for all your help