LaptopVideo2Go Forums

PowerMizer not changable, always goes back to standard settings

StarSheep

Hi guys,

I am new to this so please bare with me.

I have a T61p with a mobile 570m and have the 163.75 drivers installed with the latest inf.

However the PowerMizer is not working for me. When I change the slider to somewhere else it accepts the setting but when I open it up again the settings is back to the one before. Right now it is on Full Power in plugged in mode and lowest in battery mode.

Any chance I am able to change this cause some time I'd like to turn the GPU down to save heat although the NVIDIA GPU is running pretty cool compared to the ATI in the T60p.

Thanks alot for any hint.

StarSheep

PS: Half Life 2 Episode 2 keeps crashing on my all the time on this machine but UT3 Demo runs very well and no chrashes at all, any ideas?

;Powermizer settings

HKR,, PowerMizerDefault, %REG_DWORD%, 3

HKR,, PowerMizerEnable, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerMizerLevel, %REG_DWORD%, 3

HKR,, PowerMizerLevelAC, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, PowerSaverHsyncOn, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableCoreSlowdown, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableMClkSlowdown, %REG_DWORD%, 1

HKR,, EnableNVClkSlowdown, %REG_DWORD%, 1

The above in the INF controls Powermizer

Those settings make Battery low power use, and AC max power.

Vista has no sliders so this is the only way to set it.

remove the lines in red from the INF (latest ones)

Uninstall driver then reinstall with modded one.

Come back here with good news

Hi

thanks for the info however it didn't work.

The only thing it did, it removed the PowerMizer from the right mouse key and so I cannot access it anymore :-)

Did I do something wrong here cause I only removed the lines you said but now the ability to set anything with the slider is completely gone or can I access is somewhere else?

Would be great if you could help me out again, thanks

StarSheep

Hi

thanks for the info however it didn't work.

The only thing it did, it removed the PowerMizer from the right mouse key and so I cannot access it anymore :-)

Did I do something wrong here cause I only removed the lines you said but now the ability to set anything with the slider is completely gone or can I access is somewhere else?

Would be great if you could help me out again, thanks

StarSheep

Put the lines back in again reinstall and it's back.

Hi,

sorry to say this, but are you making fun of me :-)

Why then remove them in the first place?

Well it seems I have to live with that, that there is no way to change the settings right?

Althought I really hope there is a way to actually use the sliders.

Thanks

StarSheep

I never make fun of anyone, I may just pull their legs a little :)

What I meant was if something worked before and now doesn't just go back to what worked.

The T61 Video BIOS could be at play here, and only Lenovo specific drivers might override the Powermizer lock.

Or it could be a T61 specific tweak that needs enabling.

I cannot possibly test all combinations of laptops and provide answers to all problems.

I do my bestest to fix as many as I can, but it does require input from the masses with the problems to try things for them selves.

Hi,

well, alright.

I just thought it was kinda strange. First you tell me to remove the lines and then it will work. PowerMizer is gone completely and now you tell me to put the lines back in to fix it. But this way I am where I started, with a non-working PowerMizer.

However, I think you may be right that you need Lenovo adjusted drivers to maybe use all the stuff however the lenovo drivers have that rediculous interface with the 3 or 4 large buttons.

Well, maybe you will find a way to enable it some day.

Thanks for the help

StarSheep