LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Half Life 2 Episodes 2 Keeps Crashing on me

StarSheep

Hi guys,

maybe you can help me out here.

I am currently playing Half Life 2 Episode 2 and it keeps crashing on my. Either it freezes completely but most of the time it crashes and gives me a BlueScreen with nv4_dsp.dll adn then reboots.

I am currently running the 163.75 modded drivers with the latest inf from here but it still keeps crashing. Also the .76 are no better, the .75 just give me a better performance at least subjectively.

So does anybody have an idea why that is so?

I played the UT3 Demo for way over an hour and no crashes at all so it must have something to do with the source engin right?

Greetings

StarSheep

The same thing is happening to me. Portal and Team fortress 2 doesn't work either. I use a mobility radeon 1600x and it says i need to update drivers but cause my laptop is from Asus the drivers from ATI don't work. any helpful thoughts would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Same problem here: nVidia GeForce Go 7300 with 256MB VRAM in an Asus A6Km Q157. Portal and Half-Life 2 Episode 2 keep crashing after the intro video with a not-so-nice bluescreen (the only thing I can read before the laptop resets is "nv4_dsp.dll" - somewhere in the middle of the screen).

PLEASE HELP ME! Which driver should I download?

• 11 months later...
same here, specs. are

Asus p5kpl-cm motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor

2GB of GSKILL DDR2

Windows XP CRYSTAL

oh yea, the game that isnt working for me is TF2, either my computer restarts itself, or the game just closes out, sometimes i cant even get to the menu

• 7 months later...

They are modified video drivers just like ours. But mostly for ATI cards - their NVidia drivers are 2 years old.