LaptopVideo2Go Forums

geforce 8400m g - vista 64bit - BioShock

gbuz

any suggestions for a driver?

at the moment it seems to crash after the intro screen, so before any gameplay the .exe crashes. cos nvidia released new drivers for this game (not for the 8400m g) i thought i might need to upgrade them? :)

I use 165.01 drivers which gave me the best performance on BioShock. Be sure to run it in DX9 mode. Then you can run it in 1024 x 768 with most high detail options enabled. I don't know about the 64-bit edition of vista though because I stray away from those. Too much trouble for me.

u just have no idea lol... i had to go thru so much trouble when i first installed x64 on this laptop just to get ANY working drivers

Edited by gbuz

Well, the best I can say is download the latest Vista x64-bit drivers and pray for the best.

i have a 32bit vista with the latest updates, + a 165.01 driver for the graph. card.... after double clicking on bioshock icon, the screen goes black... after a few minutes, when the computer is not working, i hit the "esc" button, and it kicks me back to windows... any suggestions?? :) thnx

i get like bioshock menu, then some intro (i know this intro by heart now) "They've told me, sun you smash 'em. You were born to do great things. You know what? They were right." then u get a bioshock logo then the screen goes black and i cant play either.