LaptopVideo2Go Forums

M9700 SLi

Redeemer

To all those Alienware M9700 Users with their 7900 GS in SLi mode, have ANY of you gotten SLi working in Windows Vista??

I have looked high and low, and to my dismay, I have found nothing that will allow SLi to work!

These are the steps i've taken so far:

Installed the M9750 drivers b/c supposedly they enable the 7950 GTX's to perform in SLi in windows vista

didnt work.

installed the SLi hotfix and reinstalled drivers

didn't work

tried the latest vista drivers on here

didn't work

Why it doesn't work, I don't know, but here it how it goes through with the steps.

I install drivers - OK.

I go to the Nvidia Cpanel and enable SLi - OK.

It asks for a restart - OK -BUT, right before I restart, I see that the button for SLi enabled becomes disabled, and when the OS restarts, the SLi is disabled in the Cpanel

Has ANYONE come across a fix for this??

for reference, specs are in my sig/profile.

Thanks in advanced!

Most I can say is download and install the latest WHQL certified drivers because those are the ones that usuallye nable the most functionality.

To all those Alienware M9700 Users with their 7900 GS in SLi mode, have ANY of you gotten SLi working in Windows Vista??

Alienware has finally released drivers that allow SLI functionality in windows vista for the m9700 an dthe 7900 gs video card. I received an email from them which states as follows:

Great news, Aurora? m9700 owners! An updated driver is now available enabling NVIDIA SLI functionality on Aurora m9700 notebooks featuring Windows Vista. The driver will work on any Windows Vista-based Aurora m9700 notebook with either a single or dual-graphics card configuration.

Here is the download link for the driver:

http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/m9700/....15.11.5663.exe

I've installed this driver, and the SLI mode definately works; needless to say there is a significant increase in video performance. Lost Planet for me was laggy and unplayable prior to installing these drivers, now while not perfect, it is much much better.

Edited by ®®®

• 3 weeks later...

I have looked high and low, and to my dismay, I have found nothing that will allow SLi to work!

These are the steps i've taken so far:

Installed the M9750 drivers b/c supposedly they enable the 7950 GTX's to perform in SLi in windows vista

didnt work.

installed the SLi hotfix and reinstalled drivers

didn't work

tried the latest vista drivers on here

didn't work

Why it doesn't work, I don't know, but here it how it goes through with the steps.

I install drivers - OK.

I go to the Nvidia Cpanel and enable SLi - OK.

It asks for a restart - OK -BUT, right before I restart, I see that the button for SLi enabled becomes disabled, and when the OS restarts, the SLi is disabled in the Cpanel

Has ANYONE come across a fix for this??

for reference, specs are in my sig/profile.

Thanks in advanced!

Hi

would it be possible to beg one of you Alienware M9700 owners for a copy of the vista bios, I have a arima with lowly 7800,s, both cards are loaded fine but not a hint of SLI, no tabs no buttons etc etc