LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Broken Video Card FS Amilo M 1437G

Guest Vincenz0

Guest Vincenz0

Hi there!,

The video card of my laptop stopped working, red checkboard screens, even in the bios..

I suspect the video card memory to be broken, will open up the laptop later this afternoon and look if it can be fixed.

I'm just wondering what are my options to replace the video card?

Also if you could name any costs of these that would be welcome.

The laptop is out of warranty so that is not an option.

I don't need a better video card, a downgrade is fine, as long as it works! :)

The laptop specifications are:

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M 1437G Laptop With:

video card: ATI X700 PCI-E

Processor: Intel Pentium M 1.73 Ghz

Memory: 2* 512 DDR2 400mhz

From what I just read, your in a wonderfull location. Well considering the situation atleast, and if thats actualy your Vcard dead.

Downgrade? How about significant upgrade? According to the list on mxm-upgrade.com (yknow, the site to go with this sub-forum) the 6800 has been sucsesfully fitted to it before, and its listed as a type III.

Dunno what Ice-Tea has on hands, but this could mean a 7900gs-7950gtx if you really wanted it I imagine. (DX10 MXM have yet to work in systems not designed for them, from what i hear... which is duuumb,) (also, dont know how well the system would cool such... Ice tea might know better here)

That said, a nice 7600 is probobly much cheaper... and less things that can go wrong with it.

Oh, or if you prefur ati, the X1800 or X1600/X1700 are also a likelyhood... As I said, dunno what ice tea has around.

The 7600 is currently the best and easiest solution. The x1900 also work but is much harder to install. I updated http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/3438.html a bit with the latest procedure for the x1900 (which is the same for the 1437/9). On top of that; you may have problems with your power brick.

Ah, was afraid it could be one of those. That said, the 7600 is a decent upgrade, much less replacement for a X700. ^.^

Guest Vincenz0

Thank you for your reply's,

I'm actually 29 years old and i'm a programmer. (Assembler, C, C++ MFC)

I don't play games and i don't need any performance.

250 euro is still much money for an old laptop.

Dousen't any of you know a place where i can get a simple video card?...

I saw the x300 on the MXM Store.. Is that one for sale for normal costumers?

Also if any of the users here upgraded their video card and still have the old one that would be a posibility.

I also found a shop in the United States that sell's video cards for laptops.. (don't know or i cam give the link?)

They sell the same card as i have (X700) for 70 dollars, Still problems with shipping though, because i live in holland.

• 4 weeks later...

Ciao Vincenzo...buon per te che hai trovato lavoro in olanda :)

Il problema degli mxm e' che sono costosissimi...per non parlare della delicatezza della circuteria

che e' stata fonte di molte discussioni...per fare un esempio io uso il mio pc per il tuo stesso scopo ma il

mio chip video e' parte integrante della scheda madre...sono 6 anni che macina poligoni...

Prova a cercare un'asta su ebay con costi di spedizione alla mano ma considera che spesso

gli mxm danno problemi.

Also if any of the users here upgraded their video card and still have the old one that would be a posibility.

I also found a shop in the United States that sell's video cards for laptops.. (don't know or i cam give the link?)

They sell the same card as i have (X700) for 70 dollars, Still problems with shipping though, because i live in holland.

• 2 months later...
Guest JQ-Holland

Vincenz0 did you find a solution?

I've got the same problem. Also blue and red stripes through the startup screen. When I tap the notebook they even change!

So I'm also looking for a video card which can be bought (in holland) and is easy to replace as well.

High performance of the video card is interesting, but a working notebook even more!

Please give me some advice.

Regards,

Jaco

• 2 weeks later...

I am electronic repairman almost 20 years, and repaired many computers with hardware problems (repaired yesterday one GF- GO 600), but problem is that I am in Montenegro and Serbia...

The main problems with GPU cards in notebooks are temparature, place position (up/down,vibration...), cooling system...Sometimes problems caused by bad capacitors in power supply unit.

Only risc what I have is degree of damaged (before reparation) of main graphic processor.Percently 60% of broken GPU part/unit after reparation work like new. Completly job/time for repair is about 5-10 hours,but sometimes it could be and few days (two,three).

P.S.

I am not Tesla, but have good results in that job, and my specilty is hardware, not software...

And, sorry for my english :) .

B.R.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi,

how much costs repair of this cards using hot air or somethink

i could sent them to Serbia for repairs

Check your PM.